look what f***kedcompany.com is reporting today.....

Thread: look what f***kedcompany.com is reporting today.....

look what f***kedcompany.com is reporting today.....

Meckler speckles
    Rumor has it even more layoffs as Internet.com. In the words of one Internet.com employee, "did not know there were so many of us." From another employee, "full violation of our contractual agreement. Last check even bounced as well." Not looking good...
    When: 5/29/2001
    Company: Internet.com

SOmeone call Sensei, we need a new home. Let's get this organized before LNO just up and disappers on us over night.
    Abortion, not adoption....

Yeah, let's save every life. AND FILL THIS PLANET WITH ANOTHER 6 BILLION INBRED MUTANTS!!

sensei's gone now, i think.

Hopefully Sensei will be able to hang around the other two sites sometimes...
    Meh
    Tub Thumper BB
    LinuxLaboratory.Org - the next step from LNO
    "I still miss Windows, but my aim's getting better!" -fortune
    :wq

I offer my site. Anyone who not only wants to contribute, but also develop it as well. Absolutely free. I own it and will forever (or until it dies...which will never happen). I make no offer of replacing LNO. This site can never be replaced. Much like Sensei can never be replaced. I've got a lot of space and virtually unlimited bandwidth. My intention with the site is simply a place for Linux users to help one another. It's new, so has a lot of work to be done. It's all volunteer though. No banners, no adds, no money. I truely hope it remains this way. I work on it at night and on the weekends and update it when I can. If Sensei so chooses, he is more than welcome to come on board and be a site administrator or whatever he so chooses.

I realize that the last few days have boggled peoples minds, pissed some off and made others sad. I know it has mine. I am really discouraged at the way LNO has been treated and would like to see it move on, but will internet.com remain... I've voiced my rants and the treatment of Sensei for this reason. My complaints and views are known.

I would like to express this. I plan on keeping Linux Discussions. I may own the site, but I would like to make it's name owned by all those who participate. From the errant BBS poster to the site admins, everyone taking part has a right to call it theirs. I have pledged this already and will again. LinuxDiscussions is a non-profit site. No money will be made from it and thus no money will be made to support it. I'm paying for all this out of my pocket. The time people spend at the site and help others will more than pay for it.

hummm...
    they may be wanting to sell the domain name...
    I don't use Linux because I hate Windows (which I do) I use Linux because I like it.
    play mtrek! telnet://mtrek.com:23
    pbharris_359@yahoo.com

I've thought that myself. If Internet.com does go broke, they are gonna have to liquidate some of their assets. I wonder how much they want for LNO. Would be cool if Sensei could get his hands on it again....
    Abortion, not adoption....

Yeah, let's save every life. AND FILL THIS PLANET WITH ANOTHER 6 BILLION INBRED MUTANTS!!

I said this in another thread but it seems to work here too...

Perhaps someone should approach RedHat about funding a new LNO site. And again I say RH as opposed to some other distro because market wise they seem to have the most viable business plan and heavy corporate backers. LNO is a key resorce for moving people from M$ to Linux. It would server their (RH) purpose by helping to expand the user base. No doubt they would require banner space pointing back to their products and services but it may be worth it. Offering a "Free" site paid for out of pocket by the owner is a great gesture but I don't know that anyone could really support a site of this size by themselves....

again, just idea.....
    Jeff (aka Singlespeed)
    ~We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

It's getting very dark in here...
    Hope you like pasta, as in, "Pasta beer, bro!"

for the people that can't or don't bother to read, this thread was MOVED to rants, not locked for censorship

you can post to this thread in the rants area, it doesn't belong in talkback
    Use the right tool for the right job!
    Can you predict the future? Come talk about it!