Arigato - Page 10

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Arigato

Thank you for all your help! This site has helped me in too many ways to count

Best of luck in where ever life takes you next.

Sensei gets pushed out.

Sensei gets pushed out!?!?!!?!!!

I am outta here, and have already deleted LNO from my bookmark file. Will miss it.null

Sensei Guest
    Thanks everyone....LNO will continue I wouldn't worry so much about that one.

I'll drink to the fact that you're drinking. Now who's going to be the next Sensei again? And do we actually refer to the new Sensei as Sensei?
    I dont need a steering wheel. Im ego driven.

Senei, linux girl
    no more to help when i
    find Kernal panic

dear internet dot com
    your hiring pactices suck
    may your windows crash

Sensei, linux girl
    enjoy your honeymoon
    we will miss you much

My mandrake 8 box
    weeps like the willow in spring
    'cause I got no skillz

i will fight the power
    free software is the future
    props to the homiez

word.

Good Luck, and thanks!
    "...make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them." Dubya

I've gotta say I'm really sorry to see ya go Sensei, and thanks for all that is LNO. I sincerely wish you the best in your endeavors, and hope we can all keep going in the same direction. Take care.

Sensei, like everyone else, I feel really bad about how things unfolded. But, as evidenced by all these posts, internet.com's loss will be someone else's gain (and then some). You have a terrific job reference -- this BBS.

I doubt that someone with your talents will be unoccupied for very long; probably depends more on what you want to do than anything else.

Maybe Bill got tired of all the M$ bad-mouthing that takes place here and bought off your boss. Oh well, what goes around....
    Hope you like pasta, as in, "Pasta beer, bro!"

SHUCKS!!

I just came back from a 4-day snorkelling trip and this happened?!

This is so shocking!!

Will really miss you Sensei!!
    As you reach forward with one hand, accept the advice of those who have gone before you; and in the same manner, reach back with the other hand to those who follow you; for life is a fragile chain of experiences held together by love. Take pride in being a strong link in that chain.

The problem is this; the internet is too traceable. The only problem is that advertisers think ads are useless when they have all this click-through counting stuff, and log software and such. They want us to buy something every time we click-through, or they feel like they are wasting their ad money. Unfortunately, most of us (or maybe just me) don't shop like that; we see something we like, come back to the site again a few days later, maybe look at it again from work, maybe go home and talk to the wife about it, and buy it two weeks later. And since we know the site by then, and visit it by typing in a url, nobody gets credit for a click-through purchase. This is despite having found a site through originally seeing it on a banner.
    When a group degenerates into a debating society, its usefulness is lost --Craig Hunt, Networking personal computers with tcp/ip p. 37.

I've been extremely busy the last couple of days and haven't had a chance to visit here. This is quite a shock to wakeup to this early in the morning.

All the best to you Sensei and your wife. Hope the future has great plans for you.

Thank-you for all you have done for the Linux community. Without LNO, I would have been lost in a sea of Microsoft.

With appreciation
    Michael Watts

why dont we all throw in a couple pennies and get sensei.net(.com is already taken )
    Welcome to Der Weinerschnitzel May I take your order please?
    Yeah, I want: Two large Cokes, Two large fries Chili-cheese dog, large Doctor Pepper Super deluxe, with cheese and tomato.
    You want Bill sperm with that?
    NO!
    -- The Descendents

Wow you leave for a couple of days and come back to this.
    ...And one Desktop to bind them all, in Redmond where the shadows lie.

With Apologies to JRRT

later.....
    ADOPTION not abortion.

have a good time bro. this page helped my sorry buns out IMMENSELY. you will be sorely missed.

*bows honowabwy*

we will still be here to raise hell while you are gone. have a good time with your gal dude...that is what is most important.

DOMO...ARIGATO...

Wow. I guess I'm not sure what to say. I've been away from Linux (well, computing in general) for awhile now. Call it a self imposed hiatus, if you like. But, upon returning, I find out that Sensei is gone? That's horrible news. I'm not sure what happened, and I can't seem to get any details from anybody on IRC, either. BTW Sensei, me and VVX are finally (un)Official #LNO irc chat monitors! We even have ops!!!

Honestly... I really feel bad about this. It seems rather strange to be emotional over an internet presence (or the removal of one) but, this is different. LNO is what STARTED me on Linux, as well as many other things. Since coming here, I have become the moderator of a linux forum @ www.helponthe.net which is just like LNO was WAY back when. Anyways, I almost feel a closer bond to Sensei, vvx, Alphageek, Sweede, tminos, and the like due to the realtime interaction w/ IRC. It's like losing a friend. I have too many fond memories of chatting with everyone, inc. Sensei...

You will be sorely missed, Jason. Best to you and the better 1/2. Hope that you will check in from time to time, or feel free to shoot me an email to say hi!

Best regards, my friend.

-Mike
    Windows 98 has detected your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect.
    http://nexus.sfcc.cc/pub/lno.gif