This site has setup a good place for Linux
    users of various experience to expand their
    knowledge without the hostility and downtalk
    that other sites are well known for.

I have personally gathered a great deal of
    knowledge and extend my regrets to Sensei
    for whatever has caused this.

Simply put,
    Thanks. May your future endevors be fruitful.

~Guitarlynn
    ~Guitarlynn

I've been comming to LNO for about a year now... a friend reccomended it to me then, we were both getting into linux... It's been a great site, always there with answers, if not in an NHF then on the boards here... The site will never be the same... You'll be missed greatly.

Hi --

There's been some speculation re: LNO -- mostly bad speculation -- and how internet.com plans on running the site. Since I'm the executive editor in charge of the site, I thought I'd put an end to the speculation.

First off, let me assure you that we are not looking at any changes to LNO. The site isn't going away, the BBS isn't going away, and the NHFs aren't going away. I'll be in contact shortly with the BBS moderators about continuing their work. In addition, I asked Jason to continue on as a participant in the BBS, and he declined.

Secondly, we recognize what a vital group of people encompasses the LNO audience, and we have no intention of changing the site. It may take a few days for us to get up to speed, as Sensei is a hard act to follow.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to address them to me directly at kreichard@internet.com.

--Kevin Reichard
    Executive Editor, Linux/Open Source Channel
    internet.com
    kreichard@internet.com

Originally posted by KevinReichard:
    <STRONG>
    In addition, I asked Jason to continue on as a participant in the BBS, and he declined.
    </STRONG>
    Oh yes, and everyone should be willing to do their job for free after they are fired!

Give me a break! Sensei needs to put bread on our table...
    I am LinuxGirl, hear me roar

you go girl!

LinuxGirl

[ 25 May 2001: Message edited by: FoBoT ]
    Use the right tool for the right job!
    Can you predict the future? Come talk about it!

Good to see you're still around and kickin Linuxgirl! It's been awhile!
    Windows 98 has detected your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect.
    http://nexus.sfcc.cc/pub/lno.gif

Bradmont2 Guest
    hrrms...

LNO without Sensei? Is that even possible?!

Originally posted by LinuxGirl:
    <STRONG>Give me a break! Sensei needs to put bread on our table... </STRONG>
    I completely agree with LinuxGirl on this. Nobody can work for free if it's their source of income. Let's be real here. Most of us here comes to this site when we have time. Sometime I can't get here in a week or so. And I have no commitment here also. But Sensei must be here to take care of things. This little quote comes to mind.

Gardener: I've planted the fruits tree and all are good and well....

LandOwner: Well... I know you love your plants Gardener but I'm afraid that I don't have anything to pay you for it even though I make money selling those fruits.

Gardener: Are you firing me as a gardener?

LandOwner: I'm afraid so. But since you love so much of your plants, why don't you come here everyday and look after your plants. You don't actually have to do any work though. Just come here, look what I need to do and tell me and I will get someone to take care of you. So that I can continue to sell the fruits from these trees.
    I mean.. Come on... I'm even amazed that they have the guts to ask Jason to continue to support this board in volunteer basic.... How do they sleep at night knowing this? Greedy bustards..

I mean I love this board as much as the next guy does. But this BBS is built around community of helping each others under the leadership of Sensei.... Without many of us here on the BBS, we wouldn't be this way. So I have the confidence that where ever we go, there would be a community around us.... We can do this ourselves and we don't need Internet.com and a stinky name..... Whatever we choose another name, with the same help from many of us here and the leadership of Sensei, we can built a new community without much trouble.... We don't need a stinky domain name...

And if I were Jason and someone asked me to do the volunteer work for something I did as a paid job, I'd tell them to fsck themselves...

After reading the posts here and the article at Linuxplanet, I'd say..... FSCK YOU .....
    Proud Linux user# 129936 with Linux counter
    OS = Red Hat 6.2, Debian 2.2r3 Stable
    http://www.leicomputing.com

I remember when I used to frequent an automobile UBB called LS1.com. One day, the guy who made the website what it was, decided to leave. Well, a new guy came in saying "everythings going to be ok...nothing's goin to change...." very similiar to what I'm reading here. It then proceeded to go right down the crapper. Now, I, and almost all of the original members that made up the community, don't visit there anymore.

My take is this, you can't expect to fire the guy who made the website and community everything that it is, and expect there to be no backlash. The members of this site respect Sensei VERY much. I will not be surprised to see this site begin to degrade in the near future.

You just got rid of the heart-and-soul of this very community in the name of, I can only assume, the almighty dollar.

I can't wait to hear from the inevitable drone you replace Jason with to..oh, install UBB upgrades and lock the occasional controversial thread. I'm sure everyone will go on and get by.....but just remember that we reap what we sow Kevin.....

Originally posted by LinuxGirl:
    Give me a break! Sensei needs to put bread on our table...
    Don't take this the wrong way Mrs. Sensei, but relying on your man to be the breadwinner is not a smart way to go. More than 50% of marriages end in divorce, plus, what if Sensei went lame and was unable to work? I say, it's about time you women got off your rearends and contributed to the family income.

I think I've held back enough and now feel I must put in my two cents. First of all, I think internet.com was wrong in letting Jason go. Obviously, the young man is creative, compassionate and dedicated. I can't believe the idiots in charge let him go. I wish you well in your future endeavours, Sensei. I am certain you will come out on top, land on your two feet, and all those other metaphors that mean you will do OK.

Second, LNO is not just Sensei. LNO is a community. WE are LNO. Unless internet.com pulls the plug, LNO will continue to provide help for Linux newbies and evolve just as any other dominant species evolves. I think I've said enough.

possessky.
    ADOPTION not abortion.

are you clueless linuxman??

they "let go" linuxgirl about 1-2 months ago!!!!

if you don't know the whole story , ,you are lookin like an @ss about know

don't be dissin linuxgirl or sensei

back off dude!!!

take it over to the rants forum and start a new thread!!!

[ 25 May 2001: Message edited by: FoBoT ]
    Use the right tool for the right job!
    Can you predict the future? Come talk about it!

Code:
              \           \  / 
               \           \/  
                   (__)    /\         
                   (oo)   O  O        
                   _\/_   //         
             *    (    ) //       
              \  (\\    //       
               \(  \\    )                              
                (   \\   )   /\                          
      ___[\______/^^^^^^^\__/) o-)__                     
     |\__[=======______//________)__\                    
     \|_______________//____________|                    
         &#0124;&#0124;|      &#0124;&#0124; //&#0124;&#0124;     &#0124;&#0124;|
         &#0124;&#0124;|      &#0124;&#0124; @.&#0124;&#0124;     &#0124;&#0124;|                        
          &#0124;&#0124;      \/  .\/      &#0124;&#0124;                        
                     . .                                 
                    '.'.`                                

COW-OPERATION
    Hi, my name is vvx, and I'm an addict
    ICQ 2880087

Originally posted by Linuxman:
    <STRONG>More than 50% of marriages end in divorce, plus, what if Sensei went lame and was unable to work?</STRONG>
    More than 50% of the marriages ends because of the IDIOTS men.... If you must know, there weren't that many divorces when women don't work at all. My father's time, they are not as free as we are today and they are more loyal to their women than we are today and that's the fact....

I say, it's about time you women got off your rearends and contributed to the family income.
    Yeah?? After getting fired a few months before and you are lableing her that way??? What would your wife do if she got fired a few months before and you got fired?? She would gently say ""oh no problem... you can volunteer for your former employer and I will bring the bread to the table""?? Are you freaking out of your mind? What have you been smoking???

I think I've held back enough and now feel I must put in my two cents.
    Everybody is entitled to as many as they want.

I can't believe the idiots in charge let him go.
    He didn't just let him go. He let him go and asked him to work for him FREE..... Volunteer for FREE.....

LNO is not just Sensei. LNO is a community.
    A community without a leader is an Army without a commander......

Unless internet.com pulls the plug, LNO will continue to provide help for Linux newbies
    Yeah at what cost??? They had already said... as long as there are people who wants to work for free, they are willing to keep the site (and its revernue generating ads) for now....
    Proud Linux user# 129936 with Linux counter
    OS = Red Hat 6.2, Debian 2.2r3 Stable
    http://www.leicomputing.com

Originally posted by KevinReichard:
    <STRONG>Hi --

There's been some speculation re: LNO -- mostly bad speculation -- and how internet.com plans on running the site. Since I'm the executive editor in charge of the site, I thought I'd put an end to the speculation.

First off, let me assure you that we are not looking at any changes to LNO. The site isn't going away, the BBS isn't going away, and the NHFs aren't going away. I'll be in contact shortly with the BBS moderators about continuing their work. In addition, I asked Jason to continue on as a participant in the BBS, and he declined.

Secondly, we recognize what a vital group of people encompasses the LNO audience, and we have no intention of changing the site. It may take a few days for us to get up to speed, as Sensei is a hard act to follow.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to address them to me directly at kreichard@internet.com.

--Kevin Reichard
    Executive Editor, Linux/Open Source Channel
    internet.com
    kreichard@internet.com</STRONG>
    Man, you got guts. You fire the guy then you try to butter up to him by saying he's a hard act to follow. Hypocrite. But hey, your job is safe and sound. No need to worry about the guy who developed the site to begin with. Buy it out from under him, then throw him into the unemployment line.

Get a life man. You took away his creation and you expect him to continue on as a volunteer? Get real...

[ 25 May 2001: Message edited by: PostCode ]