Arigato - Page 12

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Arigato

Look, All this arguing about whats going on, what has gone on and what will go on is basicly pointless.

Up front, just let me say that I'm as sorry to see Sensei go as the rest of you are, just so you won't get the wrong idea about what I'm posting. I don't like the way internet.com acted in the past week or so.

First of all, I'm taking a guess that nothing you could say to the people at internet.com would let sensei have is job back.

Second, all the speculation about how the evil internet.com employees will change the site and rip its heart out and all that may not be true. Actualy, if this is the way people are going to act from now on, I would say the heart has already been ripped out and the body is just flopping around.

Come on people! What happend has happened! Stop complaing about somthing that can't be changed, at least easily.

Ok...I said it, and now theres one more thing I need to do:
    <puts on flame retardent suit>

[ 26 May 2001: Message edited by: Derango ]
    This portion of the signature is under construction...please take the detour to the finished portion. Be careful not to hit any workers as you pass or you will be subject to a fine.

Use Google!!!

hrmph, derango

so are you volunteering to take sensei's place?
    you will get flamed very bad if you do
    which is why sensei's old duties should be taken over by somebody that works for the company that owns the board

if any of the regulars were to volunteer, they would be ostracized by the rest and the split would still happen

i am not saying there is anything wrong with anybody answering newbie questions here, just that in this case, the heart is portable/transplantable, if you get my drift
    Use the right tool for the right job!
    Can you predict the future? Come talk about it!

<sigh> I was not volunteering to do anything.

I was just pointing out the pointlessness of arguing amoungst ourselves about whats going to happen and eventuly split the board through our arugments before anything we're talking about here actualy happens.

However, in hindsight, I probably should not have posted that...I prefer answering questions to getting into a debate. Ah well...whats done is done.
    This portion of the signature is under construction...please take the detour to the finished portion. Be careful not to hit any workers as you pass or you will be subject to a fine.

Use Google!!!

Sensei and linuxgirl, I wish you happiness, good health and the best of luck. You are truly unique individuals and will always succeed.

Thanks for all you have done,
    Joe

Originally posted by Derango:
    <STRONG>getting into a debate</STRONG>
    sorry, i didn't mean to offend you, certainly, and i would prefer all this peripheral stuff not be in this thread, but I can't move stuff and i can't not respond to some of these comments/questions

if the mod of this forum could move all this extra, "not farewell to sensei" stuff that would be great!

[ 26 May 2001: Message edited by: FoBoT ]

Demn!! Huh!! what about LNO??? errrr!!!

-flar-
    "Ad Astra Per Aspera..."

Sensei Guest
    As Cartman would say:
    "I love you guys..."

I will say in defense of Linuxgirl her full potential was never realized at LNO. LNO with what I wanted to do with Linuxgirl could have been huge...

I don't think the full potential was ever realized from LNO yet. LNO still has the ability to be ALOT bigger, but alas...times are tougher now.

I'm still monitoring these Sensei/Jason is gone threads

If some of you really feel your not being heard I suggest you contact someone instead or in conjunction to posting on this BBS. I'm not asking you to save me (i don't need saving ), but if you feel like you're not being heard, by all means make em listen.

Originally posted by Linuxman:
    Don't take this the wrong way Mrs. Sensei, but relying on your man to be the breadwinner is not a smart way to go. More than 50% of marriages end in divorce, plus, what if Sensei went lame and was unable to work? I say, it's about time you women got off your rearends and contributed to the family income.

And what would be the RIGHT way for me to take your uncalled for comments???

You don't know anything about what I do or how I contribute to my family's income, so kindly shut up!

[ 26 May 2001: Message edited by: LinuxGirl ]
    I am LinuxGirl, hear me roar

woot!!

LinuxGirl
    Sensei

they are alive!!

Hmm.. yummy.. pie.. Erm, anyway.. G'luck with that job 'n vacation stuff Sensei/Linuxgirl. Shouldn't you be off on some tropical beach sipping down some drink with one of those little umbrellas in it or something?
    Hi, my name is vvx, and I'm an addict
    ICQ 2880087

originally posted by LinuxGirl
    And what would be the RIGHT way for me to take your uncalled for comments???

You don't know anything about what I do or how I contribute to my family's income, so kindly shut up!
    you go girl !
    /me does the finger head move snap thingie.

[ 26 May 2001: Message edited by: LinuxGirl ]

Originally posted by compunuts:
    <STRONG>More than 50% of the marriages ends because of the IDIOTS men.... </STRONG>
    As you eluded to, this 4 fold rise in the devorce rate happened after the women's movement (60's). I'm not sure if your saing that the increase is because of idiot men, but that would be mostly unfounded (if it's devorce is the fault of both involved, then it would be half the men's fault, hell I don't know). The change is prob mostly because of a change in the attitudes and roles of the sexes. I do find it ironic that Linuxman is encouraging the women movement's independence and linking that to reducing the chance of divorce, a very odd viewpoint. Just for the record I'm all for anybody taking of themselves, but I do reconize that there are cost to changing roles in socity. Nuff about that...

Ever sence internet.com bought this site I wondered how long this arangement would last (Jason working as the administrator). I've been very apathetic about LNO sence the news of Sensei's depature, I just don't like the move. I some what suspect that internet.com wanted the administrator to also be a developer, which I think is somewhat of a short sighted view. I do know that most developers that I know don't have the people skills to administrate a public BBS of this size with the amount of diverse oppinions that abound. I've always had respect for Sensei cause of how he ran this place (regardless of what some have said about my view of Sensei in the past).

Good luck to your Sensei and Linux Girl, hopefully this will turn out to be an opportunity to move on to something better. I with you two the best.

John Stiles Herrington

I just e-mailed the CEO of internet.com... below is my message... I hope other people choose to e-mail too.
    To Whom it May concern:

I am a visitor at linuxnewbie.org and have learned about the "involuntary" leaving of Jason "Sensei" Brietstein. I would like to inform internet.com that I do not agree with this move. I have seen posts at f----edcompany.com about recent financial trouble at internet.com "Rumor has it Internet.com just announced an "optional" work week, next week... the head of HR said the company's "excited" to offer employees the opportunity.
    When: May 22 2001 04:02PM " "Rumor has it internet.com just dumped 50 employees. Anyone left?
    When: May 17 2001 11:56AM".
    I am sorry to hear of the financial troubles of the company, however, I feel that a site such as linuxnewbie.com does need fulltime attention from Jason, as he knows the site best. Jason also has a following at the site, a following that if the BBS is read shows that people will not be willing to volunteer, and several are willing to create a new site, just because internet.com has relieved Jason of his position. Also, many people are currently looking back and noticing that they still own the copyrights to much of the content of linuxnewbie.org they never gave up these copyrights, and many are starting to question if they should inform internet.com to remove their material from the site. I am sure that internet.com has thought this decision through and have chosen Jason carefully... I just thought that internet.com may be interested in what is being said... and I'm not sure if they are listening to what is being said so far... I strongly disagree with the decision made, and I hope internet.com realizes that this site is more of a community than most. Thank you for your time.
    Jonathan French
    I hope I didn't go too far...

Wow!!
    I wasn't expecting this!

LNO has been an inspiration.

Best of luck for the future Sensei and Linuxgirl and don't let the Bastards get ya down.

After seeing what you have achieved with LNO I think you will do well in whatever you choose to do next.

LNO will not be LNO without you.

May the wind be always at your back.

_Moss
    "If you ever reach total
    enlightenment while drinking beer,
    I bet it makes beer shoot out your
    nose."--Deep Thought, Jack Handy

hmmm.....

What do you expect of management types? People who have little power like to use the meager amount they think they have yeah?
    That how management type richard over yonder can axe Sensi , proport to be in the process of maintaining the site while the entire show falls down around internet.com's ears yeah? Similar to tobacco companies, oil companies, atomic energy companies, they live in a quasi-pseudo-reality that they think can become real if they get enough good exposure or some other similar sounding yet quilocially fashionable sounding buzz word umhumm?

Let me say good-bye to Sensi/Jason and ask nicely that he not visit my house with chain saw or some equally destructive cutting implement & hockey mask
    Sensi Linuxgirl
    #define malloc_piix4(n) n=malloc(sizeof(wallet));

malloc_piix4(the_money);
    Hug a tree.