Arigato - Page 9

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Arigato

You are an inspiration and the site will be a poorer place without you. Or something. I know that it has given me many hours of fun and help.

Good luck dude
    mrBen "Carpe Aptenodytes"

Linux User #216794

My blog page

3rd year running - get yourself to LugRadio Live 7th-8th July 2007, Wolverhampton, UK. The premier FLOSS community event.

What a sad, sad day

Best of luck to you and LinuxGirl and thanks for creating this great site!

/me bows
    thank you for the gift of this wonderful site
    i guess i will have to continue my training without you

Arigato gozaimus, Sensi-san
    "Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side"- FZ

Damn, hadn't even thought of that.

Oss, oni gashi mas.

[ 22 May 2001: Message edited by: YaRness ]

This is indeed a sad day.
    About a year ago I when I first started to use Linux I was referred to this site by a friend. I feel that, thanks to your great work and the community that surrounds it, I have have come a LONG way with this OS.
    Sensei, I never spoke to you personally, but as many LNO users I realised what an amount of work you have put into this site.
    Today LNO has lost its mystic - today is a sad day.

May you live in interesting times, Sensei.
    GNU, because freedom is all
    Grand puzzle master !

ep0k Guest

This is a sad day for the Linux Community.

Sensei, you are a good man and will be sorely missed. You have done a great thing with Linuxnewbie.org and I can't think of a way that this site sould be the same without you. (It's still not the same since Linuxgirl left).

I can only hope that whatever you get yourself into in your next endeavor, that it will make you happy.

This is a sad, sad day.

well good luck to you sensei, i have been going here for a long time and although not making much contributions i have selfishly taken much from this this site and its community

but i do have something which i really would like to know .. is who owns this site now?? and who pays for it?? and who will be in charge?? making all the decisions, i personally want this site to go on and keep it doing what you intended it to do, and helping out the newbies in the linux community ...
    thank you

This site helped me get started on Linux. Now the sysadmins come to me for Linux help! Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication building this great experience.

Thanks also to the patient and skillful contributors who helped me along the way.

- schof

Welp, no idea really what to say..but, now that you've got some time off, I guess we'll actually be seeing that army of mini-sensei's. (some odd reason I'm picturing thousands of little blue smurfs that know karate)

Anyways good luck, hope to see you around.
    Linux User #190288

As everyone is saying. Good Luck and God speed. Thank you for all the help you have provided. Best wishes!!

Who owns the rights to LNO? Why couldn't this site (or a new very similar site) have be run using a pay-pal system like penny-arcade? There are aparently plenty of loyal LNO members. Well best of luck to you and your family in whatever you do Sensei.

[ 22 May 2001: Message edited by: anti_seen ]
    Radio Shack, You've got questions...
    We've got blank stares.

Darn it, three and a half pages later and the punchline I was hoping for never came.

14 months ago I got fed up with Windows when it crashed 4 times in half an hour. I downloaded Corel (of all things) and stumbled in here looking for help getting it to recognize my network card. In addition to learning that you have to turn off Plug-N-Play, everything I have learned about Linux (and a huge portion of what I've learned about computers in general) has been a direct result of this site.

Of course, the community and the people that come here are a gigantic part of this place, but Sensei, you made it a place where the people wanted to come and the community had a chance to develop. Thank you for the gift and blessing this site has been, and best of luck in your future pursuits.

(And [i]if[/] you ever start a new site, I think linuxdojo.com would be a good name. )

Wait Shane come back!!!
    Please join me in wishing Sensei (Jason) and Linuxgirl well in thier new life and future endevors.
    If not for you sensei and the others here @ LNO I would have been lost in a sea of confusion long ago, in my quest towards enlightenment in the ways of the linux blossum.
    However now my confidence is starting to grow and I am learning more each day as I use Linux.
    Many of us, Sensei would never have come to know the peace, and solitude, and oneness of the Linux Blossum if not for your hard work.
    Anyway Linux is beyond way cool and you helped bring t to the masses, and make it atainable to the common man and woman.

Thank You,
    Don (thescribe7)
    Domo Arigato Sensei san!
    Wa Kadi Linux
    Wa Tashi Wa (Grateful?)

Nothing is foolproof to a suficiently talented fool.

This is, in all honesty, truly sad. I actually am emotional about this. This is one of the saddest internet-related moments ever.

I've been with this site for a long time, and I admit I left and lost hope when it started to grow large and loose some of the feel of the "old days." But I was always there, just browsing silently but I never left completely. I don't think I can. It's like a part of me now.

I don't like the whole internet.com thing... I didn't like it when it first happened. I do wish you two the best in life, and I owe you a large amount of thanks.

I may not have always been the most vocal or present member, but I've always been here... and always will. I would like to be kept abreast (if possible) if there are going to be any closings or transfers of the site. I do own my own business and am very comfortable with running large sites and the rest of the baggage that comes along with it... if it ever were to come to a full closing I would seriously consider buying/continuing this great site.
    (I know it will probably be consumed by internet.com, but if/when the day comes they toss it aside, I would be more than willing to pick it up and dust it off.)

Again, thank you, and as I wipe a tear away... have to say goodbye.
    Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.