FTP client for Solaris 8

Thread: FTP client for Solaris 8

Stalcair Guest

FTP client for Solaris 8

I am in need of a FTP client for Solaris 8, the included client does not seem to have the funcionality I need.
    I need a client that is capable of automatically reconnecting during data interuptions whether on downloads or uploads. Basically, I will be testing a network for redundancy, and I want the ftp client to reconnect to the server after I knock down one path and keep trying to connect (within reason of course) to the server once the alternate network path is converged.
    If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I have tried a few from freshmeat.net but they have issues with compiling on my system...
    BTW, it is a Sparc platform, not Intel
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stalcair View Post
    I am in need of a FTP client for Solaris 8, the included client does not seem to have the funcionality I need.
    I need a client that is capable of automatically reconnecting during data interuptions whether on downloads or uploads. Basically, I will be testing a [spam link removed - clever editing it into the quoted reply though] for redundancy, and I want the ftp client to reconnect to the server after I knock down one path and keep trying to connect (within reason of course) to the server once the alternate network path is converged.
    If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I have tried a few from freshmeat.net but they have issues with compiling on my system...
    BTW, it is a Sparc platform, not Intel
    Thanks
    I also need a FTP client for Solaris 8. How has your search gone? I'm trying to implement [another spam link removed] and for the ftp client to reconnect to the server after I knock down one path and keep trying to connect to the server once the alternative network path is converged. Did you end up getting any help?
    Last edited by cybertron; 11-28-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Probably showing my age, but why not look at Kermit?

http://www.columbia.edu

It's reliable. Runs on almost every platform imaginable. Numerous scripts available to handle the most complicated tasks.

Good Luck,

People's Republic of North America (Former United States)
    Would Filezilla meet your needs?
    I equivocate, therefore I might be.

My Linux/Unix Boxes:
    Home: Slackware 10, CentOS 5.3, RHEL 5, Ubuntu Workstation 9.10, Work: RHEL 5, CentOS 5

oh its great

responses very good! )