Hey LinuxDuck,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey LinuxDuck,

kmj Guest

Hey LinuxDuck,

did you decide if you were going to put those examples up on your page for now?

TheLinuxDuck Guest
    Originally posted by kmj:
    did you decide if you were going to put those examples up on your page for now?
    yes, I can do that. I've got them all somewhere around here.. I have been sick lately, so I haven't done much of anything.

I'll prop them up on my site today.

------------------
    TheLinuxDuck
    Wait... that's a penguin?!?!?
    :wq

kmj Guest
    Originally posted by TheLinuxDuck:
    yes, I can do that. I've got them all somewhere around here.. I have been sick lately, so I haven't done much of anything.

I'll prop them up on my site today.

No problem, brutha-man. I've been chasing my tail around for the past few days trying not to fall behind in school myself. And now I have to start my research project. D'oh!

------------------
    -Pacotron- You are what you edit- vi -------- GAIM: KMJ2L
    Don't be left out! STAND UP AN BE COUNTED!
    --*real men use man*--
    -The only reason I keep my DOS partition is so I can mount it like the b*tch that it is.

TheLinuxDuck Guest
    Originally posted by kmj:
    No problem, brutha-man. I've been chasing my tail around for the past few days trying not to fall behind in school myself. And now I have to start my research project. D'oh!
    You said that the early part of the week was the busiest for you, with classes and all.. I don't know if I could handle school now. I've been out so long, I think I'd have to learn how to learn again..

Good luck on the research project.

------------------
    TheLinuxDuck

TheLinuxDuck Guest
    http://www.geocities.com/bfkester/ccae.html

It's very simple, and doesn't have any additional functionality, other than just stright display.

Once we start getting more code, I'll consider a search/database method.

------------------
    TheLinuxDuck

dunno Guest
    What exactly is that site for?

TheLinuxDuck Guest
    Originally posted by dunno:
    What exactly is that site for?
    kmj and I are trying to build a site dedicated to learning how to code. The code will be commented, and once there is enough of it, it will be put into a database and will let the user peruse the code looking for code examples of all sorts of different things, from how to use pointers, to using classes, to streamlining perl code. He and I are the only two coding right now, but hopefully more will be interested in provided commented code for anyone to follow.

We are just looking for a way to give programmers a good reference to look up all the little and big things they want to learn how to do. This way, they have hands on examples with comments, etc to learn from.

I think it could be a nice handy thing to have..

You wanna contribute?

------------------
    TheLinuxDuck

Strike Guest
    Hey TLD, you can have at the snippet in JMRMW's thread ("I'm a terrible programmer" or whatever). That's a good "call by reference vs. call by value" example in C.

TheLinuxDuck Guest
    Originally posted by Strike:
    Hey TLD, you can have at the snippet in JMRMW's thread ("I'm a terrible programmer" or whatever). That's a good "call by reference vs. call by value" example in C.
    Qool! I'll grab it and work it, yeah! Work it baby!

Thanks, dood! I saw the post, and admired it's funkocity.

------------------
    TheLinuxDuck

JoniMitchellRockedMyWorld Guest
    I checked out the site and it looks very promising. Once you get more on it I'll definetly be visiting it regularly

TheLinuxDuck Guest
    Originally posted by JoniMitchellRockedMyWorld:
    I checked out the site and it looks very promising. Once you get more on it I'll definetly be visiting it regularly
    Thanks!! It's not much.. we're at very humble beginnings.. it will just take some time to get enough code to really get going.

------------------
    TheLinuxDuck

I'd love to contribute some code but I'm afraid I'm only a C newbie. Maybe someday I'll have something of use to contribute.

TheLinuxDuck Guest
    Originally posted by JoniMitchellRockedMyWorld:
    I'd love to contribute some code but I'm afraid I'm only a C newbie. Maybe someday I'll have something of use to contribute.
    If you ever feel like contributing, just let me know. Heck, if you just wanna shoot the poo with someone, let me know..

Are you getting a better grasp on the passing by address and such?

------------------
    TheLinuxDuck

Are you getting a better grasp on the passing by address and such?
    Yeah kinda. I actually went to the library and got a new book on C because the one I have wasn't doing much for me.

I think my biggest problem right now is figuring out a little project for myself. Any suggestions?

Phuzon Guest
    Come up with an old atari game and rewrite it. It's what I'm doing.