Randomly selecting objects in C++ - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Randomly selecting objects in C++

Hey kmj, did the CD I sent you ever arrive?

Oh hey, yeah thanks! I got it a couple of weeks ago. I just got Roadrunner installed at home about an hour ago, so I'll hopefully be able to try it out.
    -kmj- keith - (G)AIM: KMJ2L

Perl's philosophy is "There's more than one way to do it." I think that Python is one of the best ways.

Check out codeexamples.org | coderforums.net | The Grasshopper's Journal

no problem.

Originally posted by TheLinuxDuck:
    <STRONG> I didn't realize that C++ had vectors.. I guess it reasons to be. I just don't know enough about c++.. maybe from now on I should keep my mouth shut.. (^=</STRONG>
    http://www.codeexamples.org/cgi-bin/...vecexample.cpp

hey TLD:
    there's this great site that has code examples. it's called codeexamples.org and it's run by kmj and TheLinuxDu... oops wait.

binaryDigit: Are you the same BinaryDigit from Arstechnica? (the one I called a troll just a few days back? )

Jeremy
    --
    X-No-Archive: yes
    I'm working on a Python IRC bot.

Originally posted by binaryDigit:
    <STRONG>http://www.codeexamples.org/cgi-bin/c2h/c2h.cgi?type=HTMLdetail&filename=vecexample .cpp

hey TLD:
    there's this great site that has code examples. it's called codeexamples.org and it's run by kmj and TheLinuxDu... oops wait.
    </STRONG>
    LOL!! Actually, after I posted the original "I didn't know" message, I went to CCAE and looked, and found that example. It, of course, uses two things I have no clue about.. and they are templates and vectors. In java, sure, I know how to use a vector (and have a good idea on interfacing, which I think would be the comparible item to templates).

C++ took everything I loved about C and changed it. Maybe that's why I have such a hard time with it.. (^=

Either that or I'm just dense. I'm densing the night away... densing on the ceiling... do a little dense.. ball room densing..

That kind of thing.
    Ephesians 2:8-9

Man, that was the best laugh I've had in days! TLD - hate to break it to you (and interrupt your densing) but interfaces in Java are more like pure abstract base classes in C++. Templates are an entirely different animal. An interface (or pure abstract base class) defines functions that derived classes (or implementing classes) MUST define. A template, on the other hand, is a class or function that operates on ANY object (or set of objects) which define a certain set of functionality (certain operators, etc.) Because of the way templates work, I don't think there is (or even can be) anything analogous in Java (but I could be wrong! )
    "I'm not closed-minded, you're just wrong" - Bucky Katt