Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuxracer!!!

Paul Weaver Guest

Tuxracer!!!

What a great game

apt-gettable, so it gets all opengl needed stuff for othergames
    cool music
    high framerate

Questions. It ran at 1fps until I game my user permission to /dev/3dfx. root it ran fine.

It runs in a window though, I though voodoo 3's didnt do window aceleration. Using xfree4 with DRI.

ph34r Guest
    X4 and DRI has the new feature of doing 3d in a window.

Can you post some screenshots of it too? I may want to do something other than shooters for a change...

Paul Weaver Guest

skweegie Guest
    hiyas all,

just wondering if anyone got this game to work with a voodoo3 AND XF86-3.3.6.

i can't the gl to work even in fullscreen

TIA

cheers

ph34r Guest
    I have all sorts of games playing accelerated with a V3 and X3.3.5 - whats giving you problems? (hint: start a new thread under hardware forum, so I know where to go look)

Mikenell Guest
    Can I ask what window manager you were running in that screenshot?
    Thanks
    Mikenell

skweegie Guest
    Originally posted by ph34r:
    I have all sorts of games playing accelerated with a V3 and X3.3.5 - whats giving you problems? (hint: start a new thread under hardware forum, so I know where to go look)
    so do i, but these are mainly lokigames accelerated through glide (UT, HG2, Q3, etc). i still can't figure out how to use games that use straight out GL like this game and Tux: A quest for herring) though. i know if i go to XF4, it will work but i don't want to since i still play the hardcoded glide2 games like UT still.

doesn't seem from your post above that you installed tuxracer yet w/ XF3.3.x. if are successful, i'll be happy to start a new post in hardware...

cheers

Serbot Guest
    Originally posted by Mikenell:
    Can I ask what window manager you were running in that screenshot?
    It appears to be ICEWM cuz of the cpu thing and the it's console

Paul Weaver Guest

Mikenell Guest
    Thanks, looks nice, might try it.
    Mikenell

wmHardRock Guest
    Anyone got Voodoo 3 3000 working under xfree 4.0.1? I mean I had it working perfectly with 3.3.6, but an apt-get upgrade put 4.0.1 on and I just have a 2.2.16 kernel (no DRI or DRM). What do you guys suggest I get? 2.2.18 or 2.4-test10?

Paul Weaver Guest
    Yep, works fine with tuxracer in a window. Thats with DRI compiled in to 2.4test10 (which is very stable BTW)

[This message has been edited by Paul Weaver (edited 22 November 2000).]

Paul Weaver Guest
    woohoo 209km/h!

wmHardRock Guest
    Paul: can you make-kpkg it?

RockIt Guest
    Hey I was playing tuxracer and my sound kept cutting out(Soundblaster Live!).

I LOVE THE GAME