Red Hat Forum

Thread: Red Hat Forum

North Georgia Mountains, conneceted by Satalite

Red Hat Forum

How about a R.H. 8 forum? After all I am sure the the most popular distro is sure to have it's problems, and it already lacks some critical mulimedia progs. It needs it's own forum for these issues.
    -======Running Red Hat 8.0====-
    -======Powered by Intel P-4======-
    -===Direcway shared on XP host====-
    -===digitalgoodtimes@yahoo.com=====-

I would suggest against, that would cause every other distro to want their own board. It would be good to have some new nhf's for red hat though, to answer some of the common problems such as the lack of the multimedia apps.
    irc.freenode.net #justlinux The Not So Official JL IRC Channel.
    ¤ Debian ¤ Apt-Get ¤

Re: Red Hat Forum

Originally posted by digitalgoodtime
    How about a R.H. 8 forum? After all I am sure the the most popular distro is sure to have it's problems, and it already lacks some critical mulimedia progs. It needs it's own forum for these issues.
    Why just Redhat 8.0? What about ALL the other distros/versions?

There are other resources for Redhat on the web if you are having problems.

Redhat even has their own documentation, support site, bug reports etc.
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

Also, I doubt it's the most popular version that people use on this site

The RedHat questions still get answered don't they? I try to answer as many as possible as I'm studying for my RHCE atm and it helps to test my knowledge

Just out of curiousity, is there a forum dedicated for Redhat? For example, Mandrake has www.mandrakeforum.com. Thanks for your time...

I wouldnt mind being able to ask some other RH8.0 users why 8.0 is actually a downgrade from 7.3 . Im not impressed but maybe thats just me .
    Some things just make sense , and when they dont , theres always a hammer .

then throw a post in /dev/random or general lin questions and see what happens. People who have used them will respond. We do have quite a few people who use or have used red hat.
    irc.freenode.net #justlinux The Not So Official JL IRC Channel.
    ¤ Debian ¤ Apt-Get ¤

Originally posted by ViMan
    Just out of curiousity, is there a forum dedicated for Redhat? For example, Mandrake has www.mandrakeforum.com. Thanks for your time...
    Anything listed on Redhat's site about Redhat specific forums or usergroups?
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

how about irc.openprojects.net :

#redat
    #redhat-users
    #redhat-newbie