Mozilla 1.2b and annoying Web-URL dialogue box

Thread: Mozilla 1.2b and annoying Web-URL dialogue box

Question Mozilla 1.2b and annoying Web-URL dialogue box

I installed Mozilla 1.2b this weekend. I have Red Hat 7.2 and am using KDE. In Mozilla 1.2b, when I double-click in the URL space to highlight the current line so I can type in a new location, a very annoying dialogue box pops up that asks me if I want to use Netscape, or Konqueror, or Mozilla. What a goofy thing. I'm in Mozilla. I want to use Mozilla! Anyway, I haven't been able to find the 'preference' to turn off this 'feature'. Has anyone else run into this? And, do you know how to turn it off? The only option I can come up with so far is to just delete Mozilla. The latest version of Netscape has the exact same problem.
    Regards....

Bet ur talking about klipper, its the little clipboard looking thing in the lower right part of the screen. Right click it and disable dialog i think it is.

EDIT - it has nothing to do with mozilla/netscape or any other browser, this is an independant app

No. This has nothing to do with Klipper. The problem is in Mozilla (and Netscape). When I double click in the URL location bar/line (whatever you want to call it) the annoying dialogue box appers. If you don't do anything with it, it disappears after a few seconds. While it is up, you can't use the URL location line. You have to select 'Cancel' or wait for the box to go away. (It does resemble the Klipper dialogue box, however.) The Title of the box is like "Web-URL: Actions for...."
    regards...

... sounds like klipper/klipboard whatever it is still but okay. See if anyone else knows.

Unhappy

ACK!!!!!

Sorry.... You are right. I didn't think Klipper had anything to do with it. But apparently Klipper is somehow linked up to it. I de-selected "Enable Actions" and that took care of it.

No problem. I find that extremely annoying too, thats how i knew exactly what you were talking about.

klipper = applet of the devil 666.

i always got rid of that first when installing and i used to use kde.

Ah, the nature of Linux....

I have never used or seen Klipper. It never automatically popped up ever before. I had never selected "Enable Actions". Why that is turned on with newer versions of Netscape and Mozilla, I don't know.

Again, I apologize for snapping to a reply without first thinking about the nature of Linux and for not going to Klipper to check out your solution before replying.

regards...

I belive this is on, by default only in Redhat 7.2 (maybe 7.3+ too)

Yeah i remember when it used to happen to me too, back on those Redhat days
    My new Much Improved, Long waited, Website: http://www.mooktakim.freeserve.co.uk

My latest screen shot. Visit my My Server.

Registered Linux user #270049
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ** AMD Athlon XP 2001+, Giga-Byte GA-7VRXP MB, 640Mb DDR RAM 333MHz, MSI Geforce 4800SE 128Mb DDR, 40x12x48 Liteon CDRW drive, Flower Cooler CNPS6000-CU, 3x 80mm Fans, ADSL Router, **
    -----------------------------------------------------

KDE 3.1 will turn this feature off by default -- according to OSNEWS.com

KDE 3.1 Beta had this turned off for me