bringing up eth0

Thread: bringing up eth0

bringing up eth0

I just installed RH8 and I restarted after the installation. After the installation it it went down the list and when it came down to 'bringing up eth0' it stopped.
    How can I kill the 'bringing up eth0' command? I cannot get into RH8 to fix this! i need some command to put into the command line to make sure bringing up eth0 doesnt come up.

Can Anyone help me please???

thanks

Do you have a ethernet (eth0) card and if so, was it properly detected and configured during the installation process?

Redhat 8.0 should have a interactive mode boot process where you can select what not to start on boot.

Anyone know how to access interactive mode on Redhat?
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

I think this is what you should do:

First, boot up from the CDROM Diskette #1 one and right before the installation process you will be prompted for which mode you want to enter. As mdwatts suggested you want to enter interactive mode which in this case based off of the RH8.0 Manual it says type linux rescue at the prompt.

At this stage you should gain access to a system prompt in which case you want to modify your /etc/sysconfig/network file by changing the NETWORKING=yes line obviously to NETWORKING=no. This will more than likely cause the booting process to neglect any networking initialization scripts including the "Bringing up eth0:". Give this a try and hopefully you'll be able to finish the booting process completely.

EVAC

thamks alot anyways i got it hooked up. My ethernet card was screwed up. It is now detected.
    thanks

Originally posted by omegaray
    thamks alot anyways i got it hooked up. My ethernet card was screwed up. It is now detected.
    thanks
    Glad to see you got it working now.

By any chance was the solution to disable PnP OS in the bios as I quite often suggest here?
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

I think mdwatts despises Plug'n'Pray hardware...

To access Interactive mode on RedHat, you press "i" on boot (as it says on the screen).

James
    -----------------------------
    UseLinux.net
    -----------------------------

perl -e 'use Math::Complex;$|=1;for$r(0..24){for$c (0..79){$C=cplx(($c/20.0)-3.0,-($r/12.0)+1.0);$Z= cplx(0,0);for($i=0;($i<80)&&(abs($Z)<2.0);$i++){$Z =$Z*$Z+$C;}print$i>=80?"*":" ";}print"\n";}'