Hey Guys,

Let me start off by saying this is my first post to the board, hopefully the first of many. I know how annoying it is when people ask repetitive questions without searching and while mineis a repetitive question, I couldnt find much matching my circumstance.... mainly because of how new I am to this.

this is probably my third run in with linux but usually it was a dual boot system and I never really used the linux unless i was bored but this time my g/f accidentaly lost my windows partition so i decided its here to stay

My situation...

I am using Mandrake 9.0 with blackbox scheme deal, I started with kde but got bored quickly.

I am using the default driver for my Geforce3 Ti200, I used the NVchooser.sh and got those two rpms...

I logged out and went to a root command promt and ran the two rpms....

but from there I dont really know what to do... some of the other posts seem a little diffucult to understand...

but when I try to run X I get an error and a lockup so because of the lack of skills, I find myself reinstalling

now my question is, what exactly should i be doing after I install these two rpms and also...

how necessary are these drivers... my 2d is fine and I have yet to test my 3d... is that where the drivers are necessary?

thanks guys...

if someone knows a link I will not be offended with just a simple url reply so feel free

thanks
-greg