New Linux OS - Page 11

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Linux OS

Originally posted by yinrunning
    DISCRIMINATION!!! HARRASMENT!!! CONSPIRACY!!! FIE, FIE, A PLAGUE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES!!! heehee.
    yea I know - it's hard when you first hear it, but after a while you get used to it.
    They did that to me too at first (especially mdwatts insisted on doing that - he's the really mean one!), but if you send them some money they'll leave out the rule "exclude any thread in which a member named yinrunning has posted".
    after all, they need to make a living, too!
    We are proud to say that no tests have been made on animals to provide you this post. Also, we can assure you that if it would be necessary to do tests, we wouldn't use penguins for it.
    Disclaimer: the author of this post is NOT responsible for any moral and/or physical damage this post could cause to you.

Write for the LNO magazine!
    Catalogued Collection of Annotated Examples - CodeExamples.org
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way - definitely read this

Originally posted by Ludootje
    yea I know - it's hard when you first hear it, but after a while you get used to it.
    They did that to me too at first (especially mdwatts insisted on doing that - he's the really mean one!), but if you send them some money they'll leave out the rule "exclude any thread in which a member named yinrunning has posted".
    after all, they need to make a living, too!

Originally posted by DMR
    What the hell!!!! how did you get those smilies?

OH , oh i see. its just a trick.

Its actually a link to a gif image.

Aaah daamm, you made me type all this in. oh well, lets submit it anyway
    My new Much Improved, Long waited, Website: http://www.mooktakim.freeserve.co.uk

My latest screen shot. Visit my My Server.

Registered Linux user #270049
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ** AMD Athlon XP 2001+, Giga-Byte GA-7VRXP MB, 640Mb DDR RAM 333MHz, MSI Geforce 4800SE 128Mb DDR, 40x12x48 Liteon CDRW drive, Flower Cooler CNPS6000-CU, 3x 80mm Fans, ADSL Router, **
    -----------------------------------------------------

I have no knowledge in any programming language aside from minimal html. I collect/mod old systems as a hobby. Beyond OS testing, is there any way i could help?

Also, as far as a wish list goes, here's mine:

Included Nvidia drivers(w/ Nvidia's permission)

Included Games, like Tux Racer and frozen bubble.

BTW as an explanation to your problem:
    you would normally be 5th in the list of 'hot threads'. You won't *ever* be in it though (not even if you send money to DMR&mdwatts), since /dev/random-topics don't get in that list. I'm remember someone asking a lot of time ago to exclude shoot the breeze - rants & general off topic (now /dev/random) of that list, because those were usually very big threads. now, /dev/random isn't random stuff anymore, and most of the topics in it used to be in General Linux Questions.
    Maybe a mod could move your topic to another forum, but I'm not sure in which it would fit best.
    Maybe Programming, Script Depot?
    I don't think that'd be a good idea though - there are more people visiting /dev/random then people visiting Programming Script Depot or viewing the 'hot threads' list.
    We are proud to say that no tests have been made on animals to provide you this post. Also, we can assure you that if it would be necessary to do tests, we wouldn't use penguins for it.
    Disclaimer: the author of this post is NOT responsible for any moral and/or physical damage this post could cause to you.

Write for the LNO magazine!
    Catalogued Collection of Annotated Examples - CodeExamples.org
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way - definitely read this

true, true.

I think I was drunk when I originally posted that, anyway.

Plus, as soon as oubi gets un-busified (the state of being opposite to busy), we should be getting a website, and then we will TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! bwahahahahahhhh.

*"The same thing we do every night, Pinky."*
    Surgeon General's warning: erroneous commands are not strictly endorsed for mass usage.
    http://www.yinrunning.com

This is a good idea. As soon as you guys get a working website with some more info, I'll see what I can do to help.

oubipaws Guest

Talking Back :)

okie dokie guys I'm back, sorry its taken me so long to get back on the net, I've had night classes and plus my modem died the other day so I had to go out and buy a new one, anyways, i have some bad news ...
    sourceforge denied our project...

maybe my explanation just sucked, oh well, there are like 3 other places we can try to get service from, anyone willing to try to do it this time and see if you have better luck?

yinrunning --> the sites awesome, sorry the one i sent you was so buggy

has anyone heard from 4_legged_duck lately about the mascot???

now on to the stuff that needs to get done...
    ~ we still need to decide on some basic info (kernel, guis, etc.)
    ~ we need a server before we can do a whole lot of development because right now we have no way of advertising the project to get more developers
    ~ mission statement?? what is the real reason for this Os? a gaming distribution? office? multimedia? a little bit of all of them ?

someone had asked if we were making a list of what people wanted... I haven't started anything like this yet, as for yinrunning or anyone else, they may have, but if they haven't could every one make like a short list of the items they would like and then we can make one big list of all them combined.

I'll take the lists on. pdemarco@kc.rr.com

make the subject either "wish-list" or "goals", and please send me two emails if you want stuff on both lists.

wish-list should be wm's, apps, features, pie-in-the-sky stuff.
    goals should be basic nitty-gritty. What kernel, what installation tools, where should we start research on a 3D desktop, since that seems to be one of our constants so far.

I'll make 3 lists:
    - people involved
    - goals of the project
    - wish-list

and I'll list people however they want to be listed. real name, handle, email, not at all. Just specify in one of your messages.

I'll also be looking through this thread to get started, but I won't put anybody on the "people involved" list unless you specifically email me asking to be added and specifying how you'd like to be listed.
    Surgeon General's warning: erroneous commands are not strictly endorsed for mass usage.

oubipaws Guest

copies

Can you send me a copy of the emails you get yinrunning?

this is interesting!
    in its world of complete darkness it has no fear

Registered Linux User #323977

Shadowrider's Lair--here some of the old screenshots

Can you send me a copy of the emails you get yinrunning?
    yep.

I'm a c/c++ coder. Could you give a little more info on the development tasks you need accomplished?

oubipaws Guest

Shadowrider

hey shadowrider.. what GUI are you using? also, what theme? Its awesome looking

I'm a c/c++ coder. Could you give a little more info on the development tasks you need accomplished?
    cool. yes, as soon as we have a list compiled.

This thread is getting abhorently long... did I actually spell that right? Woah, I really did. amazing.