New Linux OS - Page 2

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New Linux OS

oubipaws Guest

thanks..

Thanks 4_legged_duck for getting the duck designed... as for the msn messenger, do you just mean that you would like it preinstalled instead of having to install it yourself? I personally use:
    http://amsn.sourceforge.net/
    I was thinking about trying to include it in the os

oubipaws Guest

new info...

Name: still in need of this, haha this is not my area, advice is welcome

General Info For Version 0.01a.... (Not Coming For A While Still Though.... estimated release, sometime during the summer for version 0.1a, and thats with alot of help)

(Starting Supplies)
    Kernel 2.4.18
    GCC 3.2
    XFree86 4.2.0
    KDE 3.1
    Tanna 0.1(GUI Similar To KDE)
    Shadow 0.1 (3D Desktop)

Still do not have a website or a server for this project mucho thanks to any help i can get with that

Hey, duck: GAIM!! has plugins for every chat client under the sun, including msn.

I'm not the most talented coder ever, in fact I can't say that I know anything about any actual binary language (C, etc.). Put I can write a mean Perl script, I have some very cool graphics programs, and I'd love to at least give it a tinker in my free time.

Name? Why not Dux? The mascot could be a four-legged duck who juggles.
    Surgeon General's warning: erroneous commands are not strictly endorsed for mass usage.
    http://www.yinrunning.com

P.S. also do web programming. As soon as I get a server set up to run out of my house, I'd volunteer some disk space. If it ever got healthy enough to get some donations/grants/whatever, I'm sure an actual host could be arranged.
    Surgeon General's warning: erroneous commands are not strictly endorsed for mass usage.
    http://www.yinrunning.com

oubipaws Guest

Talking Dux Linux

Dux Linux... with a duck mascot... i like it

Yinrunning --> yeah man if you want to help. that would be awesome, I mean I'm going to need everything from graphics to perl. Perl is one of my week areas so I really dont know much about it but I'm sure we could figure something out.

as for a server, I have multiple old i386 boxes and extra spare hardware, its just i only have dial up so I can't host it but maybe we could work something out...

[Lunch Time] Be Back later guys....

Originally posted by dkeav
    a wise man once said "it is better to meet girl in park, than to park meat in girl"
    LOL!!!!!!!

brilliant
    * FeeL tO JaZz *

I've got some Apache space you can use until May when I gradumatate, if you want. Heck, I'll even give you shell access (though I'll need to know a specific IP or range of IPs to let through my firewall for ssh...) if you want. FTP uploads are a no-no, but ssh/scp/sftp are all fine.

The only DNS name pointing at the right IP now, though, is 3dguios.resnet.mtu.edu, so you may want to think about registering something else.

Whatever. PM me if you're interested.

oubipaws Guest

Talking website...

Hey Yinrunning, would you be interested in doing a web page for Dux Linux?
    nothing fancy, just whatever you have time to do, If your interested, let me know. Thanks

... gotta get going to work, be back this evening.

[Nick Mercer]
    somewhereIbelong@hotmail.com

Re: thanks..

Originally posted by oubipaws
    Thanks 4_legged_duck for getting the duck designed... as for the msn messenger, do you just mean that you would like it preinstalled instead of having to install it yourself? I personally use:
    http://amsn.sourceforge.net/
    I was thinking about trying to include it in the os
    pre installed... amsn was the first thing I installed on linux, and for anyone that didn't catch my previous thread, it took me two days to figure out how to install (i'm still so ashamed, and I call myself a computer nerd)
    Ahflack!!! quoteth that fuzzy white winged thing from the inusrence commercial... what was the name of that company again?

Re: new info...

Originally posted by oubipaws
    Name: still in need of this, haha this is not my area, advice is welcome
    hmm, could be if you know the latin word for "all in harmony", provided it sounded cool

here's my four legged duck, not the one for the mascot....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ahflack!!! quoteth that fuzzy white winged thing from the inusrence commercial... what was the name of that company again?

Originally posted by yinrunning
    Hey, duck: GAIM!! has plugins for every chat client under the sun, including msn.
    so where do I find a plugin of msn messenger for gaim???

GAIM plugin

This works on my system.

Start GAIM.

Before signing on, on the login screen is a "plugins" button on the lower right. Press that, then on the next screen (which is pretty blank) press the "Load" button.

This opens another window with the contents of my plugin list in /usr/lib/gaim directory. There's one in there called libmsn.so

Select that, then click OK.

HTH,
    eznet
    Mandrake 9.2
    Compaq Presario 2100 notebook
    1.6GHz Celeron/256MB

Re: GAIM plugin

Originally posted by eznet
    This works on my system.

Start GAIM.

Before signing on, on the login screen is a "plugins" button on the lower right. Press that, then on the next screen (which is pretty blank) press the "Load" button.

This opens another window with the contents of my plugin list in /usr/lib/gaim directory. There's one in there called libmsn.so

Select that, then click OK.

HTH,
    eznet
    rockin!!! this works better then amsn

And another option...

Glad you like it, 4_l_d.

Another option is to install Codeweaver's plug-in, and install Trillian from their menu. Trillian is a Windows multi-platform IM client.

Of course, if you like GAIM, why bother with all that?

eznet
    Mandrake 9.2
    Compaq Presario 2100 notebook
    1.6GHz Celeron/256MB

Hey, I'd love to help however I can...
    I know HTML and (dont laugh) Basic.
    I am also starting ITT Tech in September for Programming, so I'll have access to their resources...plus teachers, students and possibly some kind of grant.
    I am also halfway descent with graphics if you need any help with that.

My System:
    ASUS A7N8X
    AMD Athlon XP 2100+
    256MB OCZ PC3200
    GeForce 4 MX 440 (I want an FX!!)
    Sound Blaster 128 (onboard sound blows)
    80GB Western Digital
    Toshiba 12A DVD-ROM
    Memorex 52X24X52 CD-RW

OSes: SuSe Linux 8.1 Pro/windows 98se
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Whad' your mom buy you a 'puter for Christmas?" -Lord Nikon, "Hackers"