ZSNES on Linux - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZSNES on Linux

in resonse to zdude255:
    generator??? a good emulator??? and only on linux? i have a dos version of it and, to be honest, its not that great. maybe the linux version is better. (and i may have an early version)

I found a good site, with many downloads of emulators for linux.
    http://www.zophar.net/unix/unix.phtml

[check to see if generator has been updated there]
    <a href="http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131047">JustLinux's Newbie Reading Guide</a>

moo

My mesa thing works slow so can anyone tell me how to fix it? I've had heaps of trouble with 3d games and stuff because of it and I'd like to get it fixed for the Snes roms.

I don't know about generator, but I got the genisis emu Gen from a friend and its slick! Oh, and how do more 3d emus work on linux like the 64 emu Project 64?
    "War does not determin who was right, just who is left."
    Benarnd Rollend

"By the black helicopers and shadow goverments is it crowded in here!"
    Adm Frosty

Unhappy ZSNES doesn't like me

Whenever I try to change the video mode, it locks up at the Press Any Key prompt.

Is there any way to buy the ROM from Nintendo on a CD or something? I don't really want to go out and get a ROM reader...
    . : My Blog : : System specs (scroll down) : : Screenshots : .

"The world is like a giant puzzle; it's always easiest to fit where you belong."

yea, zsnes is great ...

for a great joystick check out the adaptoid (www.wishtech.com) ... works great under linux. for those of you who haven't seen it, it is a converter that allows you to hook up a nintendo 64 controller into a usb port. just compile and insert the hid/joydev modules and your set!

edit: it appears you can no longer purchase these from the manufacturer, but there are some sites listed that still have them...
    Last edited by stoe; 07-17-2003 at 02:38 PM.

Originally posted by roamingnomad
    Is there any way to buy the ROM from Nintendo on a CD or something? I don't really want to go out and get a ROM reader...
    err.......nintendo doesnt sell roms. [read their rants about emulation here - http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp ]
    [I am against their stance on emulation.
    An exception though, is for gamecube; which is still widly acessible for purchase in the mainstream markets]

Furthermore, it's even extremely illegal to buy a whole cd of roms off of someone [and pretty dumb. imo.]
    Your best bets would be to find some Rom sites on the internet to download from and\or just buy a nintendo 64.

cya,
    keyshawn