freevo

Thread: freevo

freevo

i was wondering if any one has downloaded this progam and what the file names are ive downloaded the 3meg non source rpm but im not sure this is what i need
    i want to learn linux but i need serious help

Could you provide more info? What distro are you running? What have you downloaded, an RPM?
    djserz.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won't save you from yourself..."

I never really liked Freevo; I could never get it to work with XMLTV listings. Of what I know, you only need to install the freevo-apps rpm and the freevo-runtime rpm in order to install the non-source freevo rpm. The boot rpm and the testfiles rpm are optional and are really not needed. The testfiles rpm only includes a couple of short video clips and a couple mp3s. These files are suppose to show how to navigate in freevo because the config file for freevo is already linked to the directories in which the testfiles will be installed. I think the boot rpm is only if you plan to use your computer exclusively for a media center, dvr, whatever via freevo.
    Linux User #357977
    Host of the worst podcast on the web - Bored Gamers Radio

"Are you saying that I have lower standards because I use 'I've Got Mail'?" Common Windows User

"You've been one bad penguin." Bill Gates

"It's not cheating if you don't get caught." Darl McBride

freevo

im running mandrake 9.1 with kde and gnome. I need to know how to get freevo working. Ive installed the runtime, boot, apps, and freevo rpms and i need to know how to get the program it self working. Ive already tried typing mplayer, freevo and the names of the rpms in to the run command dialog box and nothing works
    i want to learn linux but i need serious help

Re: freevo

Originally posted by soldierofflare
    im running mandrake 9.1 with kde and gnome. I need to know how to get freevo working. Ive installed the runtime, boot, apps, and freevo rpms and i need to know how to get the program it self working. Ive already tried typing mplayer, freevo and the names of the rpms in to the run command dialog box and nothing works
    perhaps you should read the documentation on the freevo web site; specifically section 2.3.11 "Booting into FreevO".

If I remember correctly, the freevo program gets installed to /usr/local/freevo. You would need to type /usr/local/freevo/freevo in order to run freevo.
    Linux User #357977
    Host of the worst podcast on the web - Bored Gamers Radio

"Are you saying that I have lower standards because I use 'I've Got Mail'?" Common Windows User

"You've been one bad penguin." Bill Gates

"It's not cheating if you don't get caught." Darl McBride