edit bashrc?

Thread: edit bashrc?

edit bashrc?

I know this question has been answered before. I just dont know what to search for. Im trying to get rid of the window in xterm. Toolbar maybe its called? (why I had to ask)

Anyways, I think the answer had to do with editing bashrc, does anyone know what I have to do?

I had heard of this program "xtermcontrol' for unix- see if it will run on linux.
    XtermContol
    Anyway, it shows you where the config files for xterm are stored.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

Thanks some usefull information there, but not what I was looking for.

Hasnt anyone ever seen a ss and it looked like the terminal was part of the wallpaper? Thats what I want to do.

ive done it with Eterm... aterm and xterm didn't seem to me to have enough options to pull it off
    "...the TCO for the Windows Server System was about 20% less expensive than Linux."
    --Keith Morrow, CIO, 7-Eleven, Inc

"We got to market 6 months faster, and saw 14 percent in cost savings over Linux."
    --Owen Flynn, CTO, Equifax, Inc

Microsoft Server System, Get the facts!

You want to get rid of the xterm title bar? That's only possible if your window manager lets you do it, and if your terminal program knows enough to talk to the window manager and request it.

I know that twm will not allow any program to run without a title bar (except perhaps full-screen programs like UT or Q3, or MPlayer), for instance. I would suspect that kwin or sawfish or Enlightenment would, though, if xterm knew how to ask them properly (I think the ICCCM would come into play here, though I'm not sure).

Eterm does have options to remove its menu bar, and maybe using a window manager other than twm would make it so that Eterm didn't have a title bar, either. Never tried it.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/3958718/

In the bottom right corner, thats what I am talking about. It looks like hes using gnome and hes able to do it. Im using fluxbox so I should definetly be able to use it right?

Nevermind found it. http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=2
    here it is in case anyone else is interested. Thanks bwkaz