Suse 9.0

Thread: Suse 9.0

Suse 9.0

i tried to install linux suse 9.0 through their download after boot set up they have going on. after the file was downloaded. it asked what modules to load and after i click on the modules to load it stated that it was probing the hard disk. and it got stuck there i let it run for 40 minutes and nothing happend. so i shut down my system and came here to get some help. what should i do.

i looked up on some troubles of installing linux and i read that raid could have some influence if linux is not configured . im not sure if this is the case in my problem but if it is how can i configure it to accept or run through raid.

some one told me to defragment my drive even though i dought that it would do anythign i did and the results wehre still the saim

Someone please help

Did it freeze when it was d/ling the installer(48MB)?

It could be a wrong ftp directory or maybe you didnt load the right network module. Are you using cable/dsl/dial-up?

Originally posted by carbon-12
    Did it freeze when it was d/ling the installer(48MB)?

It could be a wrong ftp directory or maybe you didnt load the right network module. Are you using cable/dsl/dial-up?

im using cable
    i configured the kernel modules to find my network card. and it downloaded the file. but after it asked to load modules it stated to probe and it didnt freze or anything. the hour glass was still in animation and i could move the mouse around.

i got to here on manual installation and some more past it
    http://www.suse.com/en/private/produ...uageselect.png

but on automatic installation its stopped working after it downloaded the file.

hmmm the only thing I can think of is either the FTP you were using is very slow or may have shutdown while you were installing.

It happened to me when I was trying to install SUSE 8.2. I just went and got a dfferent FTP and it worked fine.

Are you running SATA drives in your box? If so, that is your problem. Search for posts from me and one of them details how to configure SATA drives in the BIOS so that they're accessible under SuSE 9 (and every other distro that doesn't natively support SATA yet).
    SuSE 9.1 Pro
    MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R
    ---
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato