et doesn't show servers

Thread: et doesn't show servers

et doesn't show servers

I have a very odd problem. When I try to play online with Enemy Territory, no servers show up. I press the refresh button, and everything else that I can think of! I can't even connect to IP when I specify the IP address. What can I do?

I'm on Gentoo, and this is the most recent ebuild of et, updated today(although the old ebuild didn't work either). I'm on cable internet, and I'm behind a d-link router(although my router is configured to not firewall me)

Try changing the "Masterserver Protocal Version" to 83, this changed with the last patch but didn't change the setting

I haven't had that problem, but I also don't use the in game browser much anymore. I use xqf. It's a server browser that works for WolfET as well as many other games (quake 1-3, Half Life, RTCW, Unreal Tournament, UT2K3, SOF, etc.)
    Linux has changed me...
    I'm a GNU man now!

I've had to change the protocal in xqf also...at first was also baffeled as to why I was not getting any servers showing up (I thought I had my game filters too tight ) then I found that the protocal version changed and the browser was very dependant on it

I still only get about 20 servers showing (FF on, campaign, limited lives...I pretty much play on 2-3 servers anyway) I have not been able to get xqf to use as strict filters as I use so I just use the game browser, I could set the servers I play on as favorates...but then I'd have to find their IPs and stuff, I'm lazy

How do I change the master server protocol?

mahdi: try turning down the number of servers xqf queries simultaniously. For my dialup I was getting almost no servers until I turned it down to 1, now I get them all (I checked using Tribes 2's inbuilt browser and browsing for servers using XQF)
    Linux is not responsible for:
    Loss of hair
    Loss of sleep
    Loss of sanity

http://www.linuxgaminghelp.co.uk