Mdk 10 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mdk 10

Originally posted by AndrewLubinus89
    Yeah, but it's a laptop,
    My laptop has both a heatsink and fan

My laptop doesn't need acpi to control the fan on the cpu. What the hell kind of laptop do you have
    Linux 2.6.9-gt (4K Stacks) on Arch Linux 0.7

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."

http://www.yupadog.com

Well, the fan works, but not well enough I think.The power management just stinks on this laptop. I have a ze4420.

Originally posted by Wolface
    isn't acpi just for laptops??
    Nope, the power standard is moving to ACPI, laptops and desktops. Fewer and fewer motherboards are being made with APM these days (if any)

I installed this MDK10 on my laptop...I have to say it's 10x better (for me) then 9.2 was...Driverloader doesn't cause a kernel panic when loading the module
    The 2.6 kernel seems to work great for laptops

Now to get rid of that dorks picture at the logon screen

Now to get rid of that dorks picture at the logon screen
    I had to print that picture up for Bon Bon before I changed it, Bon Bon thought it was cute. He's putting it next to Satanic Atheist's bunny picture.
    One thing is that the Drake Control doesn't have rpm management set up- you will have to install a package management system.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

Originally posted by hard candy
    I had to print that picture up for Bon Bon before I changed it, Bon Bon thought it was cute. He's putting it next to Satanic Atheist's bunny picture.
    One thing is that the Drake Control doesn't have rpm management set up- you will have to install a package management system.
    Hmm...How do you change it? Isn't it a message-graphic file in /boot? I can't seem to open it.

I, too, have a laptop, and just use straight apm. No overheating here, and the fan kicks in when it needs to.

Umm... Is there a way to leave i2c and lm_sensors out of the 2.6 kernel? I think if you use them the Thinkpad's EEPROM is buggered up, hence... I'm a bit wary.
    "Heisenberg may have been here."

Hmm...How do you change it? Isn't it a message-graphic file in /boot? I can't seem to open it.
    I'm not sure where LILO keeps it's images, I use a customized Fedora Grub for boot so I don't see the dork there (but Shodan give me that evil/wicked glare). The dorks image is burned into the kernel so it's in the upper corner during boot, no big deal...it's gone in a few seconds. And changing the default background image is a MUST!

It's the KDE logon screen that I don't know how to change the image to, I knew at one point but I use KDE so rarely I forgot where that is set...

BTW...who are the people on the steps in the image when you start KDE? Is that the dorks' college buddies?

I guess I really shouldn't call the guy a dork since (I assume) he's the one that put this together...but did he really have to brand the whole thing with a bad photograph using fuschia and a heart?

Originally posted by mahdi

I guess I really shouldn't call the guy a dork since (I assume) he's the one that put this together...but did he really have to brand the whole thing with a bad photograph using fuschia and a heart?
    Well, thats what you get when you spend too much time inside programming and not enough in the sun . I didn't see the default background because I didn't install kde. But that heart image is really sad (from a image editing job to a psychological standpoint )

I changed it in the session manager in drakecontrol (I'm going by memory here since I'm at work-which is a bad thing to rely upon).
    Hey, let's cut the guy a break, he's obviously in love. We guys tend to do dorkey things when we're in love. I remember one time I borrowed a friends leather jacket for a date and laid it in a muddy puddle so my dearest wouldn't get her feet muddy. Lost a friend over that one (how was I supposed to know it was a Ralph Lauren) and my dearest went back to her 5th husband. Can't win when the hormones get to circulating.
    I know it was in drake control that I changed the login background, there was a dropdown menu.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

Originally posted by mahdi

I installed this MDK10 on my laptop...I have to say it's 10x better (for me) then 9.2 was...Driverloader doesn't cause a kernel panic when loading the module
    The 2.6 kernel seems to work great for laptops

that´s so true, back then on the 2.6-test6 I gave it a try on my presario 900. Everything but the soundcard worked just fine at first boot; A great leap compared with the 2 months configuring I had to go through for the 2.4.23
    "We are completely responsible of what and how we feel on every situation. We know it but that is a responsability we don't want to have. That amount of freedom seems overwhelming"
    ---Me

Yeah, but it's a laptop,
    move north?

Hm...20-32f degress out? *heads for balcony* :d

mdk 10

Mandrake 10...damn. I just bought the powerpack dvd because I didnt like the download edition. :\ At least you said its not going to be out until at least March. That gives me two months to play around with the powerpack.

if u have the powerpack, and everything is working fine, when the new release comes out just download de programs u want to update; big things like KDE and X and that's it. Unless u like to be always on the bleeding edge
    "We are completely responsible of what and how we feel on every situation. We know it but that is a responsability we don't want to have. That amount of freedom seems overwhelming"
    ---Me

Hi guys
    How is the Modem issue with Mdk 10? Does it support most winmodems of laptops or do you need drivers? Anybody tried it with HAMR 56 modem. This is the only thing that revents me from trying newer versions.
    Do you get all the packages for newer kernel?
    Thanks
    SS
    Linux Newbie
    Expermienting with Mandrake 9.2 and SuSE 9
    AJP/Clevo laptop-866MHz PIII,384MB SDRAM