Postfix Problems

Thread: Postfix Problems

Unhappy Postfix Problems

Hi
    Im having soe problems with Postfix. The way I have it setup is that postfix is needed only to send mail out because Bugzilla is installed on the system. So I just relay any mail to the Exchange (ugh...I know) server on the network and let it do all the work. This kind of worked...for some reason, messages addressed using the external domain name wouldn't arrive. For some reason, Postfix just stopped sending out any mail now that I got back to it. It's really bogging down the system and I don't know what it's doing, nqmgr is showing up when I do the 'top' command. Also, there's like 10,000 email messages in the mail queue, is there a command that I can use to delete them all? There are also many errors in /var/log/maillog, here's some of the more common ones:

postfix/local: warning: premature end-of-input from private/cyrus socket while reading input attribute name
    postfix/local: warning: private/cyrus socket: malformed response
    postfix/pipe: fatal: get_service_attr: unknown username: cyrus

There's many more, but these are just some of them. What's cyrus? From what I've found out it's a mailbox transfer agent or something but I don't know if I have it or how long these messages have been coming up. If you need more info ask. Thank you
    "Unix is
    UserFriendly, it's just very picky about who its friends are."

Cyrus is an IMAP server that postfix may be trying to call. The Cyrus user is not known maybe because it is not installed or configured.
    We all work for machines

actually, since I last posted, postfix just died....it wont even start any more. Anyways, I'll probably just do a fresh install. Thanks
    "Unix is
    UserFriendly, it's just very picky about who its friends are."