Still here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still here?

Still here?

Still here?

Jump ship and come over to:

www.linuxquestions.org

...by your site numbers it looks like everyone else has

Also.......nice freakin' amount of sticky threads. What is with having like 10 sticky threads before you see anything else.

Man.........this site sucks more and more everytime I come back.

Not that I like feeding the trolls, but fsck off jerk off.

BaVinic
    Registered Linux User #285413
    ----------------------------------------

Shut the Gates, and Close the Windows
    Linux has arrived

I am a member of both forums, and I go there occasionally, however, the amount of redundant noise there is amazing. Few people search, and I would bet that about 1/2 of all members have posted 4 times, usually in 3 threads to get an answer to a question that has been answered 2^7 times over and over and over again, then get their answer and never come back.

Hey, 264 threads under search of 'nvidia driver install'. I have personally offered advice on VNC at least 20 times, and everyday, 14 new threads with the same questions, answered at least a 1000 times already, are there.

It does have it's strenghts, in that, like here, there is a lot of good information, but it is not a panacea for all Linux users. Personally, I prefer here. The only thing I would change is to add 'related posts' like the other site does at the bottom when you view a thread. That is a good way to find people with common problems.

Anyways, either you have an axe to grind with justlinux, or other reason to troll, I added this for the others who will jump into this thread. As always, the grass is always greener.

hlrguy
    Were you a Windows expert the VERY first time you looked at a computer with Windows, or did it take a little time.....
    My Linux Blog
    Linux Native Replacements for Windows Programs
    Mandriva One on a "Vista Home Barely" T3640 E-Machine runs great.

Alright lets see how good their forum is. I have just posted a question that no one here at JL has been able to awnser.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hreadid=140733

I second BaVinic, if you don't like it, don't read it, it's that simple.

Re: Still here?

Originally posted by Microsoft Linux
    Still here?
    Don't you have anything better to do?
    "I know where you're from but where do you belong?"

Transplanted from beautiful La Quinta, CA to Long Beach, CA...there are no stars here at night!
    Gee, Carbon-12...

I doubt they'll be able to answer your question but, if you send me the box, not only will I answer your question, I'll fix it for you too.

Still here?
    Man.........this site sucks more and more everytime I come back.

No. I think it sucks just about the same everytime...YOUR HERE
    "I was pulled over for speeding today. The officer said, "Don't you know
    the speed limit is 55 miles an hour?" And I said, "Yes, but I wasn't going
    to be out that long."

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    COME VISIT ME IN RUSSIA NOW!!

Transplanted from beautiful La Quinta, CA to Long Beach, CA...there are no stars here at night!

Re: Re: Still here?

Originally posted by JohnT
    No. I think it sucks just about the same everytime...YOUR HERE
    I felt a definite surge in the JustLinux 'suckiness index' exactly at: 01-31-2004 09:30 AM.

Originally posted by EnigmaOne
    Gee, Carbon-12...

I doubt they'll be able to answer your question but, if you send me the box, not only will I answer your question, I'll fix it for you too.
    Nah its still under warrenty. Im just too lazy to go and drop it off. Thanx anyways.

Originally posted by carbon-12
    Nah its still under warrenty. Im just too lazy to go and drop it off. Thanx anyways.
    Get moving then. Warranties have a nasty habit of expiring (like I don't know from letting them do just that).

I saw this on the front page, and although I've only posted once, it really does warrant a reply.

I've been coming here for help since the site was linuxnewbie, and I'm still coming back (for help and the fact that its enjoyable seeing new stuff). That says an awful lot about the calibre of people on this forum.

Oh, and if you don't like sticky threads, using the fscking search function when you need an answer might help. The sites called LinuxQuestions after all, not LinuxSittingAroundBullsh1tt1ng

You're a wanker, plain and simple

That is all

Originally posted by EnigmaOne
    Get moving then. Warranties have a nasty habit of expiring (like I don't know from letting them do just that).

ok ok ill take it next weekend.

yep, I like the calmer atmosphere of JL.

Also.......nice freakin' amount of sticky threads. What is with having like 10 sticky threads before you see anything else.
    You must mean the /dev/random forum. Is that what Linux is all about, only off topic crap and no real questions? So you only hang out is these types of forums in any help site you belong to? Bet you never even bother to help out in the Linux technical question forums... do you? Jerk off
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas