Browser Terminal

Thread: Browser Terminal

Browser Terminal

I was just curious about something. I am at school with a lot of free internet time (dumb tech class) and I was wondering if there was such thing as a browser-based ssh program out there. I really want to connect to my computer's terminal at home, but I cannot install ANY software here at school. Or would having a browser-based ssh terminal just be too big of a security risk for anyone to handle? (I really would even use such a website even if it WAS a huge security risk). Let me know if there is such a thing!!

Many apologizes, I finally found a java-based one. Search for 'mindterm' if you are looking for the same thing.

Putty does not require an installation, either. Just download putty.exe (for example, to a floppy disk), and run it.

Oh yeah, good call! I will see if our school's computers aren't locked down to the point that you can access the floppy drive~ thanks for the idea though, that program had some connection issues.

you can also forward vnc connections over ssh with putty (don't know about mindterm). That's what I do from my dumb IT class . you can use the java vnc server.