firmware.agent

Thread: firmware.agent

firmware.agent

after upgrading to 2.6 to use the atmel_cs driver, i upgraded my hotplug package to use linuxes firmware loading feature...

i installed the atmel firmware package, and upon insertion of the card(it's a cheap "wavebuddy" wireless pc card) all goes well and pcmcia loads the drivers...however if i 'ifconfig eth1 up' the firmware agent complains...observe.

/etc/hotplug/firmware.agent: line44: /proc//class/firmware/pcmcia/loading: No Such File or Directory
    cp: cannot create regular file '/proc//class/firmware/pcmcia/data': no such file or directory
    /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent: line46: /proc//class/firmware/pcmcia/loading: No Such File or Directory
    /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent: line44: /proc//class/firmware/pcmcia/loading: No Such File or Directory
    cp: cannot create regular file '/proc//class/firmware/pcmcia/data': no such file or directory
    /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent: line46: /proc//class/firmware/pcmcia/loading: No Such File or Directory

and then it stops...i get no prompt, and the interface dosen't come up...
    it looks to me like some proc interface that isn't enabled should be....but which one? does anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance

note: if i load the firmware manually using the supplied atmel_fwl script, and then try ifconfig eth1 up it comes up fine...so the firmware loads...
    Last edited by Wdy85; 03-20-2004 at 05:41 PM.
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them.
    One OS to call them all,
    And in salvation bind them.
    In the bright land of Linux,
    Where the hackers play.
    (J. Scott Thayer, with apologies to J.R.R.T.)

hey nevermind...figured it out...

for firmware.agent to work, sysfs needs to be mounted on /sys
    One OS to rule them all,
    One OS to find them.
    One OS to call them all,
    And in salvation bind them.
    In the bright land of Linux,
    Where the hackers play.
    (J. Scott Thayer, with apologies to J.R.R.T.)