shift & the numeric keypad...

Thread: shift & the numeric keypad...

shift & the numeric keypad...

Being a very old school PC user, something that is forever catching me in Linux is using the numeric keypad in conjunction with the shift key to mark, cut and paste text etc (it is still sometimes faster than the mouse). Using shift numeric keypad 7, is literally that - "7" under Linux whereas under windoze it would mark the text from the cursor to the beginning of the current line. Is there a way I can make Linux treat shift-numeric-keypad-7 the same way as windoze? I know I could use shift and the home key next to the numeric keypad, but many years of use makes the former an unconscious reflex.
    SuSE 9.1 Pro
    MSI 875P Neo-FIS2R
    ---
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I've never used or even attempted to use the numeric keypad for anything else except sometimes the '-', '+' and Enter keys, so unless another JL member can help out, see if you can find something to help explain in these G4L search results for 'numeric keypad copy paste'.
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas