Gentoo 2004.1 LiveCD

Thread: Gentoo 2004.1 LiveCD

Gentoo 2004.1 LiveCD

So, I am currently in the process of reinstalling my Gentoo system ('cause...well...I screwed things up ) and I threw in my spankin' new Gentoo 2004.1 LiveCD. Booted up off of it -- everything *seemed* fine...until I tried to connect to the network.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It will not resolve the host. (It does, however, recognize my card.)

I throw in the 2004.0 CD -- works! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the newer CD works and the older one doesn't. I know, in the end, it doesn't really matter as it is just a boot CD -- but it sorta is making me crazy to know why. Nobody seems to have an answer on the Gentoo forums that I could find, so I decided to bring the problem here.

Anybody else have this issue with the 2004.1 CD?

All I can say is I'm glad I decided to install Gentoo awhile back. If I tried today, I would have given up on this (otherwise) awesome distro.
    Distribution: Gentoo
    Kernel: 2.6.9-r9-gentoo
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.3Ghz
    RAM: 256MB RAMBUS
    HD Space: 300GB (60/80/160)

<beastmaster> eh yeah same here, used to use mandy lol
    <beastmaster> yeah damn.. that was a waste of 2 years right there lol

I used the 2004.1 PPC minimal cd with no problems at all. I'm afraid I don't have a copy of the 2004.1 x86 live-cd that I could test for you.
    "I know where you're from but where do you belong?"

Well, it may just be my card. When I get home, I'm going to submit my own bug to the Gentoo bugtracker (as this is obviously some kind of bug), but I just wanted to see what you guys could come up with.

Did you try smp as a kernel flag? (Or any others for that matter) That seemed to work for me...

press F12(at work right now and dont have a copy with me) or F something at the start screen. Your smart you can figure it out...

Your smart you can figure it out...
    You assume much, young grasshopper.

Actually, though, I have not tried out that flag yet. Well, I did install using the 2004.0 CD, so it's too late now, but I'll remember for future installations. (AKA - My friends have seen Gentoo and want to try it on their machines now. Point one and two for OSS! )

Wherever the pink elephant or the booze lead me
    I also used the same universal live cd and couldn't connect. When I have some more time, I'll sit and do some problem-solving. I'm looking forward to using portage.

-z
    "As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something."
    - Hagar the Horrible

The three wise monkeys' names are Mikazaru (Hear no evil), Mizaru (See no evil) and Mazaru (Speak no evil).