Mandrake 10.0 C header files

Thread: Mandrake 10.0 C header files

Mandrake 10.0 C header files

I am installing VMware workstation, and it asks for the C header files associated with the kernel... I have no idea where they are, and I have searched. Anyone know where they are?

Re: Mandrake 10.0 C header files

Originally posted by flamechocobo
    I am installing VMware workstation, and it asks for the C header files associated with the kernel... I have no idea where they are, and I have searched. Anyone know where they are?
    I would assume they would be in the source.[kernel#].mdk in the software list in the install programs menu.

I had to get headers when I was installing Evolution under KDE, and I had to install the source to the kernel to find them.

Hope that works. I am a newbie as well, try the search option above, it is fantastic. Surely someone has asked your question before..

Besides the kernel source for your running kernel version that is required when installing VMWare, you likely also need 'glibc-devel'.

rpm -qa | grep glibc
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

Well, I found the C headers... They were in a different directory. The problem was VMware refuses to work with Mandrake 10.0 as the host OS. It only works with Mandrake 9.2 or below...

Glad you got it working and thanks for allowing us to at least try to help.
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

According to the vmware site only versions upto 9.0 are supported.
    Googling seems to show a lot of people have got it working with 10.
    You need the source headers and to run the script

vmware-config.pl

But I dont use vmware so this is just an opinion.

The thing is, people have GOTTEN it working... I just don't want to put that much effort into running Windows in Linux.

Originally posted by flamechocobo
    The thing is, people have GOTTEN it working... I just don't want to put that much effort into running Windows in Linux.
    Either way... thanks for letting us to at least try to help.

Linuxplanet Tutorials