Primary network domain / xandros

Thread: Primary network domain / xandros

Primary network domain / xandros

I am running xandros linux. Under indentification in network connections, it lists the computer name which I assigned and also the primary domain name which I did not assign. This domain name does not look familiar to me. IP address and DNS are mine but I am not sure about the primary domain name. Where does xandos get the primary domain name from?
    "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." -Kurt Cobain.

Re: Primary network domain / xandros

Originally posted by carlc
    This domain name does not look familiar to me. Where does xandos get the primary domain name from?
    Does it look something like 00:20:AFB:71:F3?

It's likely getting the domain name from your ISP.

echo $HOSTNAME (to check)
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

When I echo $HOSTNAME is gives me my computer name. However in the network connection settings under primary domain name is says "hoagie.org". When I saw this, I went to hoagie.org which is evidently a personal website that has a shockwave thing about a someone's dog named hoagie. My interent connection is through my local cable company so I am still not sure what is going on or if it matters. I actaully noticed this looking at one of my email headers that included hoagie.org in the sent path and then I checked the network connection properties which included it also.
    "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." -Kurt Cobain.