Audigy Problem in SuSE

Thread: Audigy Problem in SuSE

Audigy Problem in SuSE

Whenever I reboot SuSE 9.1, my sound card stops working. The system recognizes it, but it will not work. If I go into the Sound Card settings, delete the card and then readd it, it works fine.

Any ideas? Sounds like a driver could be preventing the SoundCard from loading. However, I am a newbie and not exactly sure where to look from here.

Thanks.

OK - part 2 to this dilema.

Now I have rebooted, the card did not work after deleting readding. After two more reboots, I was able to do the delete/readd.

Also one other piece of information. It works fine under XP and I have reinstalled SuSE twice trying to remedy this.

Have a look to see what soundcard related modules are loaded and if you are using ALSA and not OSS.

ALSA modules start with snd- (i.e. snd-emu10k1), while OSS modules would be emu10k1.

Did you properly setup/configure sound during installation?

Is alsasound set to execute in the runlevel you are booting to? If runlevel 5 (full multiuser, networking & GUI desktop), you should see something like

/etc/init.d/rc5.d/S13alsasound
    SEARCH FIRST... ASK SECOND Read the JL 'Community Help Posting Guidelines' before posting in the forums.

Precompiled Redhat NTFS Modules

Linuxplanet Tutorials

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem. ... Please do not send me a PM asking for help...

Please read the search suggestion thread in JL Ideas

snd-emu10k1 loads during boot. It worked fine during the Sound test during installation so, I assume it was setup correctly during installation.

I have a file /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S12alsasound also.

Any other ideas? It now doesn't work at all. Deleting/reinstalling doesn't work any longer.