Looking for a program to control how a cd-r or cd-rw is recorded bit by bit

Thread: Looking for a program to control how a cd-r or cd-rw is recorded bit by bit

Looking for A PROGRAM

Currently I have been looking for a program that would allow me to control how a cd-r or cd-rw is recorded bit by bit. This would be really nice because I sometimes want to destroy a cd and it ould be less messy if I could just have it burn everything to "1's". Also it would have some entertainment factor if you figured out how to make neat looking designs on the cd's after they were burn't like a smily on the data side while still being able to access useable data.
    Thankyou for your time and I would love to get some responces ~ OrangePoptart <-- its from work, what do you expect?!

I'm not sure on this one but couldn't you just reburn it using /dev/zero as the data?

Maybe someone with more experience would know.
    "I know where you're from but where do you belong?"

If you really want to destroy a CD, you could use the old sledgehammer method.

I usually just hold it down in a trashcan and fold it in half.

JB
    Boredom tempts a twisted mind!!!

Originally posted by jerbear
    If you really want to destroy a CD, you could use the old sledgehammer method.

JB
    I like stabbing my cds with a knife then scratching the data side a lot. Then I take my sharpie and draw stuff on the back

I'm not sure exactly how u would write to the disc bit by bit, but if you really want to destroy it just do some physical damage to the disc. It would save your time instead of burning the disc. Although... seeing a smiley face on the data side would look pretty cool
    Gentoo
    folding@home: 36480

Be careful with that. I cut my hand up once doing this. (Those edges on the broken CDs are pretty sharp.)

Signed,
    Your Mother
    Distribution: Gentoo
    Kernel: 2.6.9-r9-gentoo
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.3Ghz
    RAM: 256MB RAMBUS
    HD Space: 300GB (60/80/160)

<beastmaster> eh yeah same here, used to use mandy lol
    <beastmaster> yeah damn.. that was a waste of 2 years right there lol