mIRC Scripting

Thread: mIRC Scripting

mIRC Scripting

Hello,

I've done the rounds of google and searching JL to no end.

I'm trying to run an mIRC script as-is. I'm well aware that I could convert the thing to Perl/Python, but this is a script (well, bot, actually) that will be worked on in future by the original author, as well as being passed around to various people who don't want to have to install the perl interpreter.

Anyone found anything? I'm not up to the task of writing a parser myself, otherwise I would've leapt into it already. >_<;

Thanks,
    Robbo
    "Heisenberg may have been here."

... *Blinks*...

Anyone? ^^;;;

By the way, I can't just run mIRC using WINE, as it has to run on a server without X (the bot has to be up all the time, so I can't run it on any off my desktop machines, as they get turned off every night).
    Last edited by terribleRobbo; 07-15-2004 at 07:01 AM.

mIRC is a windows program. You are going to have to find a way of doing the same thing using one of the many linux alternatives.

Indeed. I noticed the former.

As I asked, I was wondering whether anyone had made a parser for mIRC script. It's not as far-fetched as you might think, considering there's definitely demand for it.

I use *nix exclusively on all my boxes. I'm not a newbie wanting to use Linux as if it's Windows. It's just this is something I can't do using the current Linux alternatives, so I wanted to know if anyone had heard of what I'm looking for.

Sorry for being an arse about this, it's just that posts stating the obvious and doing nothing but upping the poster's post count isn't going to do anything for the board or for the people asking for help.

Apologies again,

Robbo

(Edit - Mysterious word-covering asterisks have appeared, run for the hills!)
    Last edited by terribleRobbo; 07-15-2004 at 08:41 AM.

take a look on www.sourceforge.net, someone likely has a project on there for a mIRC parser.

Not much there, if anything. Someone started an mIRC clone, but never got as far as the scripting bit.

In any case, I'm going to learn mIRC script and see if I can write something that will take it and convert it to Perl (or Python, depending which is closer) and give it an emulated 'mIRC' backend, and run the script on the fly.

It'll be an interesting project, but it'll have to displace my current geek project of making a phone-to-IRC adapter. *Grins insanely*

Anyone interested in helping? Anybody with mIRC scripting or Perl/Python abilities would be most welcome, even if it's just to point out the bits where I go wrong.

Oh, and I'm not, repeat not, going to write this thing in C or C++.

Thanks for reading,
    Robbo / Cabbage