Ever wanted to have specific menus for specific desktops in flux? I did, and after a little tinkering I found out fluxbox already has everything needed to do it.

First you'll need to create a menu file for each desktop you wish to have its own menu. I named mine vd_menu_n(n being the number of the desktop) and placed them in a directory ~/.fluxbox/menus, but you can do as you like.

Then you'll need to modify your ~/.fluxbox/keys file to make bindings to switch to the desktops, and set the proper menu file. Here is the command we'll use.
Code:
:MacroCmd {SetResourceValue session.menuFile name_of_menu} {Reconfigure} {Workspace n}
So for example, my bindings now look like so.
Code:
Mod4 1 :MacroCmd {SetResourceValue session.menuFile   ~/.fluxbox/menus/vd_menu_1} {Reconfigure} {Workspace 1}
Mod4 2 :MacroCmd {SetResourceValue session.menuFile   ~/.fluxbox/menus/vd_menu_2} {Reconfigure} {Workspace 2}
Mod4 3 :MacroCmd {SetResourceValue session.menuFile   ~/.fluxbox/menus/vd_menu_3} {Reconfigure} {Workspace 3}

Shortcomings:

1.) You have to use the keybindings to make it work, no mouse scrolling, desktop warping, etc..

2.) If you log out on say, desktop 6, but it logs you in on desktop 1, your going to have the wrong menu...

And surely others....but hey.