Do you have hotmail?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have hotmail??

like Rinias, I have had my hotmail account for like 10 years and I just logged into it today and found the extra storage space. I just went to the gmail page to see if I could setup an account and unless I am just being dense, I didn't see an account sign up page, just a login section for current users I am assuming it is still in the Beta phase
    Some of my favorite links

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search
    one of the best Debian based distro's for new hardware
    registered Linux user # 288225

Originally posted by o0zi
    Deutsch ist auch kein Problem für mich - viellicht werde ich GMX recherchieren... (coincidentally, do the Justlinux rules permit other languages? I assume so..)
    I guess they do permit other languages, but the mods probably won't like it as we'd able to break the posting guidelines and they wouldn't be able to tell if they don't happen to know the language.

Indeed, I have been thinking for a while if Justlinux should have subsections in other languages, like it is the case for example at Gentoo Forums. I wonder if the demand would be high enough to justify the effort. I have seen a couple German speaking people here and especially Spanish could worth a try considering the prevalence of the language in both Americas.

I for myself wouldn't mind modding a German forum.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Dohoggeddiadiaemmerdohogged...

I think we're getting off-topic... But it keeps with the random-ness of /dev/random

As for gMail, I think it still is in the beta phase. I know that I got my account from someone who sent me a subscription- that was like 4 or 5 months ago now... I'd send you one, but they don't give me any...

Yahoo mail has indeed bumped the quota up to 100 MB, and they have a search function.

As for forums in other languages- I dunno. Perhaps. Problem is, JL is not distro specific like Gentoo, so they don't need to support users in other languages, AND (what I see as a bigger problem), if the person can't speak English, they are just going to get frustrated by the lack of response...

However, if JL were to do that, (Parcival- you can suggesst that) I know that I'd be willing to contribute to the French and German forums as much as I could.

PS- how's Solothurn? Still haven't been there yet... ( E Schwytzertütsch kon i gar net... )
    Di mi se mai fu fatta alcuna cosa || Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias

If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem.

-- mdwatts, Grand Master, >> 40000 posts
    RIP: August 25, 2004

***Funky stars and monkey bars***

It would be cool if you did the French part as my French isn't as good as it used to be anymore. Say, you're the guy who has visted a couple times at our LUG in Bern, aren't you? I believe we have met there already.

You don't need to speak Swiss German to visit Solothurn , French and English are fine.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Yes, a German forum is a great idea. I think that JL has enough users to warrant it, or if not then at least a "Non-English" forum. I'd be happy to watch over it as well, or at least translate for existing moderators...
    How about it - should we ask?
    Registered Linux User #325947

Check out Feather Linux, my distro.
    (Yes, it's shameless self promotion, deal with it )

Whoa guys...waaaaayyyy off topic here

I'd say place a poll in the suggestions forum for another language forum, see how many will actully use it (poll for languages, not a yes or no )

As for why I use hotmail...I got it before Microsoft bought them, and there are a few things I run into that need a Passport logon...I've never used MSN Messenger

Ah, but nobody reads the Suggestions forum...
    Hey, way off topic, perhaps we're in /dev/urandom instead

Originally posted by Icarus
    Whoa guys...waaaaayyyy off topic here
    Not necessarily - Hotmail can be used in several different languages, too.

I had a Hotmail account, too, back in the days when Microsoft didn't own it, and I gave up on it once Microsoft bought them. Too bad the initial crew sold it, but when you get that much money I guess it's hard to say no.

<EDIT> I opened the poll in the suggestions channel, so go and vote. </EDIT>
    Last edited by Parcival; 08-25-2004 at 12:11 PM.

C'mon you guys, keep up with your news!

http://tinyurl.com/3uw3k

Hotmail is going to start offering 2GB in September. Must be starting now.

The story is also here in The Inquirer

Gmail accounts!

Hey, I've got 4 gmail accounts!!

They said it is because I was a "trusted early tester".

Anybody want one??

Yeah, alright - email me

Me TOO!!!!
    Come under the reign of the Idiot King...
    Come to me ... I love linux!

Registered Linux user: Idiot King #350544

I still only have 2MB of storage, 20% of that being used. I only have my account for messenger and for a contact address for forums etc. Also my uni account doesn't accept html so when someone sends you an email from a hotmail account it looks like crap, so i just get them to send to my hotmail account so i can at least read it.

Cheers

Well- I don't know what the deal is with hotmail- seems like they're changing but only really slowly...

As for the gmail accounts, I think I've only got one left... Up for grabs, I guess!

One of them is mine, then?