How do you login?

Thread: How do you login?

Question How do you login?

Hi--

I love the people here and all the help they give each other.

I love the fact that there is a logout button at the top, making that an easy process.

What I would love to love is to find out how to login here. There is no easy way I have found. The way that works for me is to come to this page http://www.justlinux.com/forum/ and then click on usercp.

From there I have to scroll down a long page, then finally there is a place for me to enter my username and password.

Is there any easier way?

Thanks!
    :-Doug.

Login when you make a post...

Clicking "post reply" or "new thread" when logged out should bring up a login screen.

Whenever you log in, the site tries to install a cookie to enable an automatic login. If you allow the cookie to be set, then you will be logged in when you first load the site. But if you use the logout button, the cookie is unset. The best thing is to just close the browser or go to another site, that way you preserve the cookie.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

Thanks, madcompnerd, SA_99, and hard candy!

Interesting about the cookies allowing you to stay logged in. I noticed that if I go looking at other sites for awhile, when I come back here it says I am not logged in.

And I would like to get to my user cp first thing, so I don't have to go scrolling to other pages to find my posts and replies. I gather there is not a url to a separate login page? No login button?

Thanks!

What browser are you using?

http://justlinux.com/forum/usercp.php?

See if the above link will take you to the login page.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________
    Bigboogie on boogienights.net:
    Ammo case
    Asus 8N32 SLI MB
    AMD Athlon x2 3800+
    2 GB Patriot Signature 400 DDR
    160 GB Hitachi 7200 IDE
    2 x-250 Seagate SATA2
    EVGA Nvidia 7900GT
    Dell 2007WFP
    Logitech 5.1 speakers
    Logitech MX1000 mouse
    Dell USB keyboard
    NEC 3500 DVD-RW
    Benq 1655 DVD-RW

(God bless tax refunds)

Interesting about the cookies allowing you to stay logged in. I noticed that if I go looking at other sites for awhile, when I come back here it says I am not logged in.
    You may have cookies turned off. If you want to stay logged in, you should check your browser preferences and set it to allow cookies (unless you really want them off, possibly for security or privacy reasons).

hard candy--

Yup, it works. I had found that page and been using it, but I thought there might be one with just a login screen.

Thanks, hard candy!

SA_99--

On one machine: Mozilla 1.7.2. Cookies are on, set to medium security. Set to accept cookies normally.

On that machine, I by accident clicked to close the window as I was set to reply here, and I had to log back in.

On another machine, MSIE 5.5. Medium security, cookies accepted. Same requirements to log back in.

Thanks, SA_99!