hacking games - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hacking games

http://linuxsecurity.com/

they have lots of articles that cover this

heh,
    In the try2hack one, i've gotten past level one and working on lv 2, and i have the user and pass right; but then it gives me a javascript box and asks to fill in another thing, which i dont know....

BTW,
    I already got booted out of try2hack's IRC channel, because I told another user that the solutions are on google, if you search for them....[didnt give a direct link]
    I don't know why such '1337' people have to withhold information and/or being really sneeky about coming into their 'group.' It seems as if every single person that comes into their IRC channel is a threat to them
    <a href="http://www.justlinux.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131047">JustLinux's Newbie Reading Guide</a>

It's the fact that those websites are used for learning , something that would not have been done by telling him the answers are on Google. Maybe telling him about a description of 'classical hacking techniques' (hint, hint, <-- Google that) would have been better. That's why you were kicked out. Instead of teaching, you were in the way of his education.

That, and you're only at level 2. You should read through the webpages for all the levels. You'll notice that the later pages aren't stupid, mindless drool, but are signatures of those who have been there.
    Registered Linux User #328016
    I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute

Slackware 10.0
    Shuttle AN35N nForce2 mobo
    AMD Athlon XP 2600
    512 MB DDR RAM
    XFX GeForce FX 5200 256 MB
    40 GB Western Digital HDD

Originally posted by janet loves bill
    Uh, you mean korea

hackerslab.org

ngsec.com
    the above is an xcellent security game..........

Yeah that's it. It's been a while. I actually got really far in that one. Then I got to a level where you had to actually be in Korea for the access code to be spit out, and I couldn't find anyone to do it for me. Pretty fun game, but I had to learn about 20 new things EVERY level.