Please and Thank you to be added to the posting guidelines

Thread: Please and Thank you to be added to the posting guidelines

Please and Thank you to be added to the posting guidelines

To the Mods, could we please add to the "posting guidelines" for a bit of please and thank you, and also for people to at least respond when someone has helped them or they have solved the solution on their own or something to that effect.

It is quite irritating, when you try to help someone and you get no response.

I think that some of the people out there need to realise that most of us here that help give our own free time to help out and that there is no "check in the post" for any of us, especially not the mods, who give up the most time of anyone on the forums.

Thanks guys. And also thanks for the hard work.

Leon
    Feel free to PM me for help

Using PCLinuxos 2007 on my laptop and 2009 on my Desktop and proud of it!

Desktop:
    AMD Phenom II x2 545 3GB DDR2 RAM 500GB SATA,250GB SATA, 250GB IDE, ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 DDR3
    Laptop:
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2) 2GB RAM, 160GB Sata HDD, nVidia 8600GM 512MB

Please come back and tell us if your problem is solved, it may help others, and stop us from wondering what happened.

here here
    If you remain calm while those around you panic, you probably haven't realised the seriousness of the situation!

Are you sure you can moderate good manners into people that don't have them anyway? Maybe if you don't like how you're being treated in helping someone you should just ignore them? I dunno, please and thank you should just be something everyone does...

On the otherhand having in the posting guidelines means we could whine about when newbies forget their Qs and Ps.
    "I know where you're from but where do you belong?"

It's a thankless job...but that's expected.
    Superhands...

I concur with Loki3's comments; I think leading by example would be best in this instance.

BKP
    Managing Editor
    JustLinux

I'm kind of in the same boat as Brian and Loki3. I'd LOVE to see more Pleases and Thank Yous, or more post followups. But, I'm just happy that we don't get more people that sound like this:

OMG guyyeeez@! ! LOLO SOrry for teh caps BUT I"M not good at tpying. I liek sounds, but my computer don't do them no more. I don't know y, bcuz all I evar do is d/l musizc and play C$ (I rokk u in C$ man).

PLZ HELP ASAPPPPPP! HELP! HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!
    This is what I get on other forums. So long as that's not creeping up in here, I'll be happy whether I get a "Thank You", or not.
    Registered Linux user #230403! Since March 2001! YAY.

Try doing a forum search or a google search before asking a question. And please don't use HELP! in the topic of your post... it's so lame... Please don't PM me for help-- post a question in the forum instead.

OMG guyyeeez@! ! LOLO SOrry for teh caps BUT I"M not good at tpying. I liek sounds, but my computer don't do them no more. I don't know y, bcuz all I evar do is d/l musizc and play C$ (I rokk u in C$ man).

PLZ HELP ASAPPPPPP! HELP! HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!
    Oh, sounds like you've been over to the Gentoo forums recently, eh?

Seriously, though. We can lead by example and if someone is being impolite or busting out the shift key one two many times we can just give 'em a little push in right direction. It's all part of the learning process and while I'd love to see everyone using please and thank you putting it into the posting guidelines isn't going to make mean people more polite.

Haha! Oh man, everytime I find a post that seems to have missed the guidelines I'll have to drop that link by. Haha! Great stuff.

I'd just be happy knowing that something I did helped someone, makes it easier for those searching to know that aq problem was solved.

Pleas eand thank you I can live without if only they would say, hey that fixed it, or, I fixed it like this.

BaVinic
    Registered Linux User #285413
    ----------------------------------------

Shut the Gates, and Close the Windows
    Linux has arrived

Originally posted by Alex Cavnar, aka alc6379
    I'm kind of in the same boat as Brian and Loki3. I'd LOVE to see more Pleases and Thank Yous, or more post followups. But, I'm just happy that we don't get more people that sound like this:

This is what I get on other forums. So long as that's not creeping up in here, I'll be happy whether I get a "Thank You", or not.
    I agree with you Alex, I want to keep the forums has easy to read though as possible and I skip pretty much any posts I see like this. & I agree with Loki, we can't force others to use please & thanks, we can only lead by example, & just in case I haven't said it enough thanks everyone
    Some of my favorite links

search engine's
    G4L & JL forum search
    one of the best Debian based distro's for new hardware
    registered Linux user # 288225