SSH forwarding

Thread: SSH forwarding

Question SSH forwarding

Hi all,
    This isn't a completeley linux question, but two of the systems discussed are linux based. Here goes.
    From home (computer A linux), I can connect to computer B (SunOS) at university using SSH. Once I've got a terminal up on B, I can then SSH to computer C(linux), which is a high performance super cluster where I run my calculations. Computer C is only accessible from within the uni network. I am wondering if it is possible to use scp to copy a file directly from my home computer to computer C (and vice versa), without having to copy it to B first (where I've not really got enough user dsik space). Is it possible to set up a connection that only "passes through" B, or maybe some way of automatically forwarding communication between A and C.
    Please bear in mind that while I've got full control of my home PC, I'm only a simple student user on both B and C.

Thanks in advance

Ben

Sorry, can't do that. I've got about 8 mb space available on B, and the files are between 50 and 200 mb. Even if I zip them, I'm still not even close.

Cheers anyway.

Ben

Try the following:

On your local machine run the following command:

Code:
     ssh -L 20000:SystemC:22 username@SystemB
    Enter your password. Once you are logged in open another command prompt and try to ssh/scp to localhost at port 20000, it should connect you to System C and allow you to copy files.

Hope this helps.

- Suramya
    --------------------------------------------------
    My Website: http://www.suramya.com
    My Blog: http://www.suramya.com/blog
    Registered Linux User #: 309391
    --------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:
    Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.