[SOLVED] jscript and disabled keyboard?

Thread: [SOLVED] jscript and disabled keyboard?

jscript and disabled keyboard?

Not sure if this is a bug, but in the last few days, every time I open a page on justlinux.com I get a few seconds delay for some java applet or other, followed by the keyboard being disabled, but only in my browser (opera). I have to open a new tab then go back to the original tab for the keyboard to work again. It never happened before this week and never on other sites, vBulletin included.
    Athlon 1.2GHz, 768MB RAM, Mandrake 10 Official, KDE 3.3.0, kernel 2.6.3-13mdk, nVidia GeForce FX5200, chaintech 7AJA2 mobo with onboard sound.

Its most likely a Opera problem with Java plugins and the "Sun ticker app" currently at the top of these pages.

Have not seen any of these problems with Mozilla here.
    Linux User #181509

* It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on this planet
    has ever come up with the phrase "as pretty as an airport" *
    -- Douglas Adams --

You're right, it is that Sun crap. I found another page with the same thing on it and it did the same. Bit of a pain to have to disable java jsut for that thing.
    Athlon 1.2GHz, 768MB RAM, Mandrake 10 Official, KDE 3.3.0, kernel 2.6.3-13mdk, nVidia GeForce FX5200, chaintech 7AJA2 mobo with onboard sound.

You might be able to block just the host that that applet is coming from. Look into changing your /etc/hosts file to point b1live.com at 127.0.0.1 (i.e. your own machine). Opera won't be able to download the applet, since it'll try to get it from your machine and you probably don't have a web server running (or if you do, you don't have the applet in the right place). That ought to fix the keyboard issues.

It seems to be fixed now, after I added
    http://b1live.com
    to the [exclude] section of ~/.opera/filters.ini

Thanks, and hope this helps other Opera users (apologies to the site owners if I'm encouraging removal of advertisements, but this one makes the site unusable for me).