Acually I need help uninstalling...........

Thread: Acually I need help uninstalling...........

Acually I need help uninstalling...........

Acually I need help uninstalling.I want to uninstall Mandrake altogether from my slave drive and start over. How would I go about uninstalling the Mandrake OS? And please I am fairly new to computers so could you explain in laymans terms? Thank you.
    Be as water...
    Pour water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. Pour water into a cup, it becomes the cup. Pour water into a tea pot it becomes the tea pot. Now, water can flow or it can crash! Be as water my friend. ~ Bruce Lee

You don't have to "uninstall" anything; if you want to start over just format the partition you have mandrake on and then reinstall it (or another OS of your choice).
    Most live CD's have tools (like fdisk) for deleting/formatting/manipulating partitions; installer discs will usually have some kind of partition formatting tool also.
    Linux user #367409

Restart the MDK installation then:
    1. Select the same partitions and set it to format them.
    2. Select, then delete, the partitions and create new /, /home, /swap, and whatever other Linux partitions you want.

HTH,
    MMYoung
    In the 60's people took LSD to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Slackware 11.0 - Dropline GNOME 2.16.1 - kernel 2.6.18
    openSUSE 10.2 with Xgl/compiz/beryl
    Windows XP - kernel klink
    Buy Slack
    Dropline GNOME

Thank's ..........

Thank's for your help guy's
    Be as water...
    Pour water into a bottle it becomes the bottle. Pour water into a cup, it becomes the cup. Pour water into a tea pot it becomes the tea pot. Now, water can flow or it can crash! Be as water my friend. ~ Bruce Lee