Blackbelt Jones' concepts for Power Newbies

Thread: Blackbelt Jones' concepts for Power Newbies

Blackbelt Jones' concepts for Power Newbies

1. Linux is easier to RUN than Windows.

2. However, it is harder to LEARN.

3. The reasons why Linux is harder to learn than Windows have more to do with culture than technology. If your computer came with Linux preinstalled-- and if everyone around you ran Linux-- we wouldn't be having this conversation.

4. If you expect to live more than ten years, and you expect to be running a computer for the rest of your life-- it's probably well worth the effort to learn Linux.

I originally put this in my signature, but Holy CRAP, that does make for a long signature! So I put it in a thread instead. Hope someone somewhere will benefit.

preach it, brother!

Put a link to this page in your sig, what will work

I find Linux is much easier to learn as the documentation is fully available. Sure the basics take some getting use to, expecially if you came from a Windows olny background.

I can say that it took me less time to learn more about Linux then it did to learn about half the things with Windows.

Learning Linux has a rough start, but unlike Windows it trains your skills to find information a lot better. My other fields of work benefit from them as.

It's exactly like in someone's sig: give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish...

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)