I am just switching over to linux (Mandrake 10.1 Official... I've finally had it with Bi££ Gate$' antics!) after having tested it for a few months now and I am trying to settle on an Outlook replacement. I have read several strong defenses of Kontact over Evolution, with the most frequent reason being that you can enter a custom address in the "From:" field when composing an email. This would come in very, very handy for me, since I have my own domain and like to use custom addresses to control spam.

So far, though, I can't seem to find this elusive "From:" field or get it to appear. The only thing close to this is the "Identities" function, where you can set up different account identities to send from. This is okay, I suppose, but not nearly as good as a blank "From:" field for me to type in as I go. I would have to create hundreds of identities (I like to use a different one for each person I send to) and then pick that identity out of a huge list every time.

Can anybody familiar with KMail help out? I have even seen screen shots of KMail with a blank "From:" field at the top. How do I get that??!!

Thanks in advance...
The Stunted Wyrm