RHEL3 license

Thread: RHEL3 license

RHEL3 license

Hello,
    Can anyone tell me something about the RHEL3 license ?
    The license concens only the support or also copying/installing?

For example, I have at work 2 RHEL licenses. Can I copy the cds and install them at home? Or install them on a third computer?
    I mention that I am not interested in support.

ddaas

Re: RHEL3 license

I have at work 2 RHEL licenses. Can I copy the cds and install them at home?
    Your SysAdmin should have the answers to that.
    Linux User #181509

* It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on this planet
    has ever come up with the phrase "as pretty as an airport" *
    -- Douglas Adams --

If you don't care about support, check out WhiteBox linux - its RH repackaged/branded. Also, if you are a student, you can buy RHAS for $50 server or $25 workstation.

I am the sysadmin. In fact the new sysadmin. The former admin has left so I have nobody to ask for

I just have the RHEL CDS with 2 licenses.

I want to know if I can copy/install them on more then 2 computers.

ddaas

Licence Entitlements

Basically the more licences you "activate" on the RHN website, the more systems you can contact Rehdat for support about. (When you activate on www.redhat.com/now you creat a login for rhn). Also it gives you access to future version of that product.

I bought 5 RedhatAS2.1 Licences, but actually installed Redhat 3 (from ISOs I downloaded from the rhn site). This support subscription is still valid regardless of version number.

You can also do limited remote web-based administrations (reboots etc.) on those servers if they are registered through up2date.

This is just what I remember, look at the sales blurb on the redhat site, it's bound to tell you all the "amazing" features you get.

Regards,
    Bizza
    --------------------------------------
    Peace, Man!
    Registered Linux user #297724

I'm pretty sure you can. There are people selling copied RHEL disks on EBAY (also SuSE) but if you have any doubts, CentOS is a free distro repackaged entirely from RHEL source code. Go to

http:www.centos.org

If you're not interested in support, there's probably no reason not to run CentOS from the very first.