I just folded my first protein

Thread: I just folded my first protein

Threaded View

Honestly I don't see much point in having much faster than ~10 meg internet. Nothing I ever download maxes out my 18 meg that I have now, and even when I was on 5 meg it never felt particularly restrictive. I do wish I could get faster upload, but at least they just upgraded me to 3 meg up so it isn't quite as slow as it used to be.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by trilarian View Post
    STOP SELLING BANDWIDTH YOU DON'T HAVE!
    I'm sure they'd be happy to sell you a dedicated line...for about $200 a month.

They really blew it when they went to "unlimited" internet. Now everyone expects that, except that bandwidth doesn't actually work that way. You pay for the bandwidth you use in everything except home internet. So the 2% of users blowing through a terabyte of bandwidth in a month are costing them a fortune, a fortune which is then paid by the rest of us who aren't using massive amounts of bandwidth.

So basically I wish they'd just charge per gigabyte used instead of this stupid flat rate where the low bandwidth users subsidize the high bandwidth users. It would make a whole lot more sense.

Oh, and FWIW, if they didn't have an official cap, they'd have an unofficial cap and that would be worse because you wouldn't know what it is. Every ISP will drop you if you use too much bandwidth, whether they publicize a cap or not.
    Last edited by cybertron; 02-27-2012 at 12:02 PM.