I just folded my first protein - Page 21

Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: I just folded my first protein

That won't be a problem, they seem to be slipping down in ranks every week. Must have bsod going on some unmanned machines. Or they forgot to turn them back on after a much needed reboot.
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

Re: heh...

Originally posted by je_fro
    Then we need to STAY AHEAD of the bastards!
    Hooray, hooray!

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)

Summertime in Texas!

Well, I know it's only 28 Apr, but it's already summertime here in Texas. Current temperature is 91 degrees celcius!! Ok, it's only 91 degrees fahrenheit, but it's hot, and it's only April!

I may have to move my folding 'cluster' into another room. I'm trying to hold off on starting up the AC, but having 6 computers running, 5 at 99% CPU all the time, makes it quite warm in here. I expect spontaneous combustion at any moment.

Oh, and I've morphed from bs_2003 to bs_texas as many of you have no doubt already noticed. bs_2003 has 11 WU and 1740 points, but as bs_texas I'm on the board again and will be moving up.

Edit: Hmmm.. so the actual member count is one less. Not that it really matters, but just in case you're counting.
    Last edited by bs_texas; 04-28-2005 at 07:02 PM.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

I thought I made a mistake once, but, of course, I was mistaken.

Re: Summertime in Texas!

Originally posted by bs_texas
    Well, I know it's only 28 Apr, but it's already summertime here in Texas. Current temperature is 91 degrees celcius!! Ok, it's only 91 degrees fahrenheit, but it's hot, and it's only April!
    knowing yesterdays weather as i do, i am going to venture a guess and say that you are in the Dallas area

/me is 45 mins N of Dallas
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

Well, I know it's only 28 Apr, but it's already summertime here in Texas.
    Hah, I was still shoveling snow two weeks ago.

"What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence."

Up here in Kitchener (Ontario, Canada) its supposed to snow today. How ironic that just over two weeks ago it was almost 25 degrees Celsius
    :wq

Well... I'm definitely in Texas. Today it's freezin' cold at 55 degrees F! Yesterday it was hot and muggy in the morning and has been cooling down since.

One of my folding computers is a P-II 400Mhz, I think, and, well... this one is running W2K.

Anyway, it says:

Working on:
    p1408_Q20x4 in water
    Gromacs core

Frames Completed:
    200/2500
    43min:0s/frame
    219/2500 (estimate)

WU End:
    14:06 Thr 7 Jul 05
    68d:02:h45m:11s

Does this mean it will take until july for this to finish!?!? 2500x43/60/24=~75days !!

That begs the question, Should I probably deselect that 'allow >5MB work assignments' on the slower machines? It seems that would be prudent. Leave the bigger WU's for bigger machines and crank out the smaller WU's on these smaller machines.
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

Freezing 55°? That's when we start to get the t-shirts out.

Yes, you should deselect the 5MB barrier. The two machines I'm folding with are P3/500MHz and for "large" WU (i.e. those close to 5MB) they take two weeks.

Originally posted by Parcival
    Freezing 55°? That's when we start to get the t-shirts out.
    Man... I remember that from back when I was in Germany in the Air Force... uh... dang... before you were born!
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

Um, why is the LInux install an exe? And I suppose you need a desktop installed for this eh?
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
    (No trees were killed in posting this message. However, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.)
    ----------------------------------
    Debian user since Potato
    Syngin: Web Portfolio

Originally posted by Syngin
    Um, why is the LInux install an exe? And I suppose you need a desktop installed for this eh?
    Well, you know, an executable file can be named anything. And no, you don't need a destop installed.

I know it looks weird,

./FAH502-Linux.exe
    -------------
    Folding is Fun

Ok thanks. THink I'll add it to a couple of the servers I administer.
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
    (No trees were killed in posting this message. However, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.)
    ----------------------------------
    Debian user since Potato
    Syngin: Web Portfolio

Hey i got bored just sitting at home and not working on my website so i decided to copy one of my test sites over and use it for folding. If anyones intrested the link is here. I will be doing some work to include team stats and so forth. For those that use firefox (or other borwsers that support it) their is a live bookmark link to the site news. If comes as an xml file, for all the others syndication just load this file into thunderbird (or other rss/xml feed reader) or just visit the site.
    Be AWARE: gramaticle/spelling errors will happen
    ReX Productions
    Current Web Project
    Join Project Honey Pot

Right now it is 5:28 Eastern Standard Time (I think), and the Just Linux Folding team is in position 211. In position 210 is Microsoft. Needless to say, we are just about to overtake these guys, I have been waiting for this day for far too long. Finally we will put them in their place-falling behind linux.

(Oh and yes, I am aware of the irony that I took the screenshot with Windows XP - Its friday and I'm gaiming; I'm just too lazy to boot into slack to make this post)
    Attached Images Attached Images