I just folded my first protein - Page 27

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: I just folded my first protein

Yeah, I think that's caskey. He definitely brought a lot to the table!
    Need help in realtime? Visit us at #linuxnewbie on irc.libera.chat

Few of us will do as much for our fellow man as he has done.
    --Andrew Morton on RMS

unfortunatly my desktop box died, and my laptop just gets too hot.... when i get a new CPU/Mobo for my desktop, i'll be folding again

also, i think Texas Tech University blocked freenode's irc servers.... any ideas on how to get around this?
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

tor the socks proxy

hmmm... didnt hayl block tor #jl?

and what'll i do when i get my linux box running again?

isnt tor win-only?
    JustLinux IRC Channel: irc.freenode.net #justlinux

from what i understand no, tor is very much unix compliant as well, i'm working on setting up squid+privoxy+tor for surfing without giving info to those nasty marketers

the policy on freenode.net says that tor is very welcome on their network, as for hayl blocking it, i'm not sure why unless someone was causing problems, i'm sure he removed the ban after the issue was resolved, i will check with him to make sure as i would like to try it out myself

WOOHOO I finally caught JeFro Sorry, couldn't resist JeFro, just happy to be addnig to the total. I wish more of the 90+ on the list would come back and help... /shrug oh well, school. etc I suppose. but to reitereate WOOHOO!!!!

haha!
    Okay, I'm gonna have to take action!

--Andrew Morton on RMS

Cool A stats link you may like....

being new here, but not to folding, I thought I would try to make amends for my first post and put this link in here for you to check how your team is going....

I am already a member of team #35216 - but maybe one day I'll fold some over here for this team on Linux folding too.... so I could work out where i have the most free cycles maybe?

I do realise this may have coem up before in the thread.... just was not going to read through it all, 'k?

Ya know....I never thought I'd see the day we were in the top 500. Then the top 200. Now it looks like we may even break into the top 100 someday! Now that's when you're a folding rockstar! We'll get there too...I've got a feeling.

--Andrew Morton on RMS

We pretty much rock.

And thanks for posting the link again. The original is on page 3 of the thread, a fact which I know because I had to read through again to find it. It's bookmarked at home, but elsewhere I always have to look it up.

I joined 4 days ago with a atlon xp 1800 521mb and a AMD64 3200 1gig
    the athlon has finished one WU and is finishing numer 2 and the AMD64 will finish in 10 hours.
    Last night i started messing with overclocking on the AMD64 3200 to speed things up, went up to 240 fsb (frontsidebus) that's the almost same speed as a AMD64 3800, everything went black, the pcie graphics card stopped working even on reboot no text to get into bios, had to find cmos button on motherboard to clear settings.
    Then i went with 230 fsb over night and in the morning no graphics (folding seemed to go on all night), but text on reboot, changed to 220fsb (ca same as AMD64 3500) and that has been stable all day.

The motherboard I'm working with is MSI K8N NEO4, its a nforce4 board with a lot of overclocking stuff in bios, but i will probably not try this much further.

Well I'm not sure if I did it right, but I downloaded and started folding on two of my pc's. If all goes well I will have one maybe two more on the job within two weeks. I hope all I had to do was add the team number to join that team (36480) if not let me know so I can get it right.
    Thanks
    Dan

Well just folded my first protein, took about 44 hrs. thats on my gamer pc. I'm not quite half way done on my other pc, it should be done on 11-16-05 and by that time I should have another done on the gamer. Finely putin these pc's to good use.
    Dan

Has anyone else been having problems downloading new cores? I just recently reformatted my box and installed Ubuntu. I re-installed FAH and it has been stuck trying to download a new core for three days now. Anyone else having similar issues? My PC at work has been folding away without any problems, but it hasn't had to download a new core for a while now.
    "After all you've seen, after all the evidence, why can't you believe?"

IBM Thinkpad T21
    750 Mhz P3, 128 MB PC100 RAM, CD-ROM, 10 GB IDE HDD
    Ubuntu 9.04 Minimal

I had two of my pc's download new cores yesterday 11-29-05 with no problems, the other one is dew to download one sometime today, will see how it worked when I get home.

Dan