Oh boy..
I screwed up this one..
Can anyone help me before I lose it with this pc?

I added a new hard drive to my pc the other day *hdb" and tried to delete 2 partitions from the original disk in Suse (9.2) as part of a reorganisation after I unmounted them in Suse..

When I tried to reboot, I got nothing, no grub boot menu, just a black screen with "TAB shows several grub options"..

To cut a long story short, I have run the SUSE repair utility from CD, which installed a new boot loader, and checked the rest of the system. The 2 partitions keep appearing as "missing from fstab", with an option to remount them on /data2 /data3 and so on, but other than that, nothing.
When I tried to boot using the new grub loader though, I get an error that "the root file system is currently mounted read only" and then the option to log in as root to fix it. The suggested mount command does not work after rebooting though.

Choosing windows from the grub menu does not work either as this doesnt get past the splash screen.

I can get into where I am now using a knoppix disk I have, and can see that all my data is still there, but I can't even reinstall Suse at the moment as I get an error finding the package list when I try to run the installation. (maybe because the disk is read only?)

I can see that my fstab file is as below (I think the PC would be out of the window by now if not for this knoppix)

knoppix@ttyp1[etc]$ cat fstab
/dev/hda7 / ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 1
/dev/hdb2 /data ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 2
/dev/hda6 swap swap pri=42 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
/dev/dvdram /media/dvdram subfs fs=cdfss,unhide,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocha rset=utf8 0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy subfs fs=floppyfss,procuid,nodev,nosuid,sync 0 0
/dev/sda2 /media/ipod subfs fs=vfat,procuid,nodev,nosuid 0 0
/dev/hdb1 /home ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 2
/dev/hda6 /data2 ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda6 /data3 ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda6 /data4 ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda6 /data5 ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda6 /data6 ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda1 /windows/C ntfs ro,users,gid=users,umask=0002,nls=utf8 0 0
/dev/hda5 /data7 swap pri=42 0 0
/dev/hda8 /winshare ext3 users,umask=000 0 0
/dev/hda6 /data8 ext3 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda6 /data9 ext3 defaults 1 1
knoppix@ttyp1[etc]$

Alll the /data2 /data3 /data9 lines etc are the ones the YAST repair utility has added.

Anyone got any suggestions, would be MUCH appreciated