search

Thread: search

search

Upon searching for make ""error 1"" on this site, it told me:
    "The search term you specified (1) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer."

Apparently, the search here doesn't see parentheses; you might want to change/fix that.

Difficult

Over the years, I for one have not had a lot of luck with Search on this URl. The problem is knowing what to look for. So, I usually look first at the Web with google. Your problem is an old one, for example try to find something on the calculator 'dc', heh, heh.

Yes, that minimium word lenth makes it difficult to search sometimes..I just checked another vBulletin forum and it happens the same thing. I wonder if this is configurable.
    djserz.com.ar
    "All the drugs in this world won't save you from yourself..."

it is configurable, it use to be (4) which gave lots of problems with searches for DVD

you can always use google to search this site, that's what I do for all the forums I visit, usually, the search kinda sucks :\
    -merc
    my site: http://escalated.net

If it's configurable then it'd be nice to have a minimum of 4 instead of 3.
    djserz.com.ar

However, note that searching for "error 1" is totally pointless -- make reports an error when the command that it ran exited with an error status. The problem you need to fix is not with make, it's with the program that it ran.

In other words, any results that you may have gotten with your search would probably not have helped.

(Note that this isn't a good reason not to lower the minimum word length, just a note about what you were searching for. )

Also, you can sometimes use asterisks to increase the word length. For example, if you're trying to search for 1 and it's too short, it might work to search for *1* instead. This might return way too many results, though. (It seems to work better for 2-letter words than it does for 1-letter words -- at least in my experience. Maybe that's just because I can anchor a 2-letter word at one end or the other, by skipping one of the asterisks, or maybe it's just the things I search for.)

The search term you specified (*1*) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.
    djserz.com.ar

I can bump this down, but I fear the consequences.

BKP
    Managing Editor
    JustLinux

Two characters would be great, but Id *much* rather see support for quotes. That is the most magical tool ever in the history of searching. Also +

Best methods:

vi+fstab+edit

"edit fstab with vi"
    Install the Justlinux.com search plugin for Mozilla/Firefox!

G4L: Your best friend and your worst enemy
    Distrowatch: (Nearly) Complete profile listing of popular Linux distributions
    Lest you want a tonguelashing, Read the posting guidelines first
    Jabber: creepyt at jabber.org IRC: #justlinux
    Now 100% MSTD free! Enjoy the onslaught of Microsoft transmitted diseases, suckers!