PeoplePC

Thread: PeoplePC

PeoplePC

Oh, pleeeease, somebody tell me that you're using PeoplePC with Linux and can tell me how you set it up! The "technical support" for PeoplePC is is about as helpful and informative as a politician. When I dial up using KPPP, I get a reply from PeoplePC that says "Access denied". I am very, very sure that my username and password are correct and in the proper case.

I know that PeoplePC can be accessed without their dialup software, because that's how I use it in Windows - I just set up a dial-up networking connection with the appropriate telephone numbers, username, password, etc. This is how I'm currently connected. There seems to be some problem with how I'm set up in Linux, but I don't know what.
    Be blessed!
    ~Rachel <><
    http://www.homeworksbest.net

I know nothing about people pc, and have never used a modem in Linux, but I used to have a network modem that had specific instructions for getting it to succesfully connect to PPC that stated you had to use your PPC email address as username. Something like.

username: me@peoplepc.com
    password: billybasher

Again, this may be totally off the mark, but it's worth a shot. If nothing else you could look into a network modem like I had which will work with any OS.
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."

-Deep Thought, Jack Handey

I've found wvdial works well with dial-up (first time I was forced to use dial-up a couple weeks ago)
    It took a little work and some messing around, but I got it working with SBC

It was almost as easy as entering in the info to /etc/wvdial.conf

there are different authentication methods for dialup, you may not be using the correct one, the default in windows is CHAP/PAP and most dialup servers use this except for some ISP's with old win3/95/dos setups that use a weird old archane one that didnt work very well on anything especially linux

Well, stupid me, with all this back-and-forth between Windows and Linux, I missed that I was using a defunct number. So I don't have the authentication problem anymore. What I do have is even more bizarre.

The modem dials up, makes the connection, and begins to attempt to authenticate - and reboots my computer. What's up with that?
    Be blessed!
    ~Rachel <><
    http://www.homeworksbest.net

kernel panic?