Creating a mailbox in /var/spool/mail for Mutt

Thread: Creating a mailbox in /var/spool/mail for Mutt

Creating a mailbox in /var/spool/mail for Mutt

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted/browsed here...but I've got a laptop running Slackware so..I'm back!

I'm trying to configure Mutt with a single-user POP3 connection, and when I start up mutt, it tells me that:

/var/spool/mail/morawski: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

How can I create a mailbox? I tried using getmail_mbox but I don't know what I'm doing.

Any wise words?
    ~morawski

Also, I'm using procmail and getmail with mutt.
    Sorry.

Did I leave out some pertinent information or is everyone as mystified as I am? :P

I believe I've properly set up procmail, sendmail, and maybe getmail (though I think getmail creates the mail file in /var/mail -> /var/spool/mail)

So yeah..if anyone has any information that would be great.

~morawski

EDIT: While trying to do some research of my own, I found this link

http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubu...er/010894.html

It states that the /var/mail/$USERNAME will not be created until the user receives mail.

However, when I try to getmail (using the `getmail` command with no options), the output is as follows:

Code:
    getmail version 4.2.5
    Copyright (C) 1998-2004 Charles Cazabon.  Licensed under the GNU GPL version 2.
    SimplePOP3Retriever:<myactualemailadress@mydoman.xyz>:110:
    Enter password for SimplePOP3Retriever:<again@uhhuh.xyz>:110:
      0 messages retrieved, 0 skipped
    However, I know that I have mail because I checked it using Outlook Express on a PC box.
    Last edited by morawski; 05-13-2005 at 12:45 AM.
    Sorry.

try creating an empty file?:

touch /var/spool/mail/morawski

?

Post your getmail config and make sure you edit out our usename and password. I use get mail on both my boxes and havent had a single problem with it. Also i have found that if i check my email with outlook before i check with getmail. Outlook downloads and deletes any mail on the server or it sets it to old mail adn getmail doesnt check it. If i remember right get mail has an option to get all mail instead of just new mail.